Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 DV Lottery

Options
  • 06-03-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I would like to apply for the diversity lottery this year/next year. Can anybody tell me what the closing date is to apply, and when you should be submitting your application? I have found that a lot of the info on the net is a lot of companies trying to charge for processing applications etc. It is a free service right? Also, I know its a lottery so naturally odds are hugely slim but just how many Irish people are actually granted a US green card through this method each year?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Yes its a free service. You should never pay for it. Be careful. I signed up for one thinking it was it and was taunted by phone calls and spam email for weeks after asking me to pay and telling me I'd won. You have to be careful. The official one is here The dates are not shown for the lottery for 2012. Basically, it opens early October and closes late November. Try not to leave it for the last day though, you have to get specific pictures taken and what not.

Here's the results from this years winners.167 Irish people were granted green cards. I'm averaging that about 20,000 people apply? I could be wrong with that figure. Anyway, read up on all that stuff. It's interesting. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Yes its a free service. You should never pay for it. Be careful. I signed up for one thinking it was it and was taunted by phone calls and spam email for weeks after asking me to pay and telling me I'd won. You have to be careful. The official one is here The dates are not shown for the lottery for 2012. Basically, it opens early October and closes late November. Try not to leave it for the last day though, you have to get specific pictures taken and what not.

Here's the results from this years winners.167 Irish people were granted green cards. I'm averaging that about 20,000 people apply? I could be wrong with that figure. Anyway, read up on all that stuff. It's interesting. Good luck!

Thanks, so closing dates from the next lottery will be November 2010? Sorry, you just mentioned 2012, is the lottery not every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

It is but the visas will be for 2012. You apply in November 2010, the results come out in summer 2011 and the visa will begin in 2012. Make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

lil_lisa wrote: »
    It is but the visas will be for 2012. You apply in November 2010, the results come out in summer 2011 and the visa will begin in 2012. Make sense?

Got ya :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yep the closing date for this year's lottery was the end of Nov 2009 I think for visas which would be granted for the year 2011.

• Advertisement
Advertisement