If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optoma Hd20 vs Optoma Hd200x

Options
  • 06-03-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have been in the market for a Full Hd projector for the past few weeks and have been looking at these for the past 6 months or so. I have been mainly focussing on the Optoma HD20 and HD200x.

I have read all the reviews on the 2 projectors and everyone is of the opinion that the differences between both is not noticable in picture quality.

The main differences between them are
    HD20 is white and Hd200X is black
    HD20 has 3 year warranty and HD200X has 1yr but with EU has 2 year warranry on electronics so would be covered by that for 2 years and if they are pretty much the same machine then you would think it will last for at least 3 years anyway.
    HD20 1700 lumens and HD200x has 1500
    HD20 4000:1 contrast and HD200x has 3500:1
    The above 2 in any reviews I have read are not noticable.

So when it comes down to price
    Richersounds have the HD20 for £899.95 so roughly €1000and dont stock the HD20.
    Another Irish seller whose name i wont speaK have the HD200x for €815.62. This is a massive difference.

Is there any possibility that RS can source the HD200x somehow as I really dont want to have to buy from the other Krowd ;)

Thanks folks
    Bazual

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

bazual,

Just as a matter of information, you might note that there is no problem with mentioning the name of a retailer when you are genuinely looking for a price-match - this is the only circumstance in which this allowed, see the Stickey "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" for general rules.

Please also note that this means that commentary or value-judgements about other retailers is not allowed on this forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Cheers Ritz, I knew I could mention them alright I just didnt want to steer the business away from RS so thats why I didnt :D

B~

Hi John,

Any update on sourcing the hd200x, hoping to purchase next week.

Thanks
    b~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Baz.

I have an email out with our purchasing guys at the moment.

We have opted for the HD20 instead of the HD200X due to the improved brightness and contrast levels which are vital in projectors.

I'll drop you a line when I hear back in the next day or so.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Baz.

I have an email out with our purchasing guys at the moment.

We have opted for the HD20 instead of the HD200X due to the improved brightness and contrast levels which are vital in projectors.

I'll drop you a line when I hear back in the next day or so.

Cheers

Dave

Much appreciated Dave.

Thanks
    B~

• Advertisement

Hi Dave/Kenny/John,

Any update from your purchasing guys.

Cheers
    Bazual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Did anything ever happen with this? I was thinking of upgrading to an hd 20 from my benq w500..

Hi all.

Unfortunately I didn't get a reply on this one.

I have sent another email today and I'll keep an eye out for a reply on this one.

The last one may have vanished into cyberspace.

At the moment, the HD20 is now £849.95.

I'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

Dave

Hi guys.

Optoma have come back to us and we can't get the HD200x unless we are going to bring in bucket loads of them.

Our purchasing guys have seen both of these projectors running and they opted for the HD20 due to the vast improvement in brightness and contrast as they felt it make a substantial difference to the overall picture quality.

It looks like we'll only be running with the HD20 for now.

Cheers

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.