Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shop shut

Options
  • 06-03-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

does anyone know why is the shop at carnmore cross is shut? is it cos the rent is to high?thought they were lovely people to go in to. the ones before that didnt speak english.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

blond45 wrote: »
    does anyone know why is the shop at carnmore cross is shut? is it cos the rent is to high?thought they were lovely people to go in to. the ones before that didnt speak english.

Rent was too high and the guy who owned it wouldnt budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

thats a shame. wonder who will be there next.thought the hairdresser would be gone cos anytime i go into the shop i could see they were not doing much hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

As far as i could tell the shop wasn't that well stocked and they had no phone credit machine for ages.
    as i see it there is no reason why that shop shouldn't do well especially since the petrol/diesel pumps do so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

The shop doesn't do well for exactly that reason, its not well stocked. The only reason one would usually go in is to buy something small - A carton of milk, loaf of bread or newspaper.
    The prices are also (generally) higher than their main competitor over the road (Centra). But the Petrol Pumps do very well there alright, use them regular myself.

Advertisement