Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

civic electric window??

• 06-03-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭

My son has a 1997 Honda Civic EK2 ( 3 door hatch )
    Dirvers electric window is stuck
    Flick the button and you can hear a little click sound. ( I assume this is the regulator or whatever it is called )

Question is:
    Would a motor from a different model civic fit?
    eg:
    1995 civic Lsi 4 door ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm not sure if they are interchangeable between models, if it was possible, just get the two motors side by side and check any part numbers on them or just make sure they look identical and have identical electrical connectors.

You would want to check that the regulator is in one piece as well. If you're hearing a clicking when activating the motor, it could be the cable flapping about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Also, 3 dr cars generally have longer doors than 4/5dr cars, thus the windows are bigger so the window regulators are quite possibly different

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You'll have to get an EK specific one im afraid, The AG civic one is different.,

You could try running power directly to the motor and seeing if it works then, it may be the switch/fuse/relay?

Heres the relay in the fusebox,
    SANY0678.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Masada wrote: »
    You'll have to get an EK specific one im afraid, The AG civic one is different.,

You could try running power directly to the motor and seeing if it works then, it may be the switch/fuse/relay?

Thanks
    Could I run power to the connector on the switch or do i have to go deeper?
    Is that realy just for the drivers window as the passengers one works fine.
    Thanks

Remove the door card and run power directly to the power wire from there. No point in going to the switch just yet as your first goal is to find out of the regulator is working. the door itself is a ground so ya only need a line to the +12 on the battery. just do it briefly too, if ti dont work, don't be tempted to leave it connected on there.

If ya have an aul cheapo multimeter you can check out the relay and switch easily enough.

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    Remove the door card and run power directly to the power wire from there..

I assume you mean the power motor going into the motor?

When I push/pull the switch I can hear a click like a Relay sound from within the door. Does that mean anything to you?
    I will be looking at it again today as I have some free time.
    thanks for your assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

vectra wrote: »

When I push/pull the switch I can hear a click like a Relay sound from within the door. Does that mean anything to you?

thanks for your assistance.

The Click Click sound could very well be the motor failing to start because its jammed on a gear. Check that there are no teeth missing from the regulator arm and that it can move freely with no obvious obstructions, as this can cause it. Failing that, if you have a multimeter, check that the power is going to the correct terminals of the motor as you operate the switch for up, and then down. If thats ok, then its the motor thats faulty

OK
    stripped it out
    Motor seized with rust.. Sprayed WD40 on it and got it to spin but the little cog would not turn.. Popped off the cover and it was in bits inside.. Is there any hope that the motor would fit from the 4 door civic would fit onto the mechanism of this one?

I doubt it, the 4 door one is not as long as your one. theres loads of these out in summerhill spares though so getting a part shouldn't really be too difficult.,

If they don't have one, ring Traynors in Armagh and they bring down a flat bed once or twice a week, you can meet them around Jones road at croker there. they've good prices compared to the Dublin breakers too.,:)

Sorted
    Pulled it all out,
    Went and pulled out the one from the 4 door 93 civic
    swapped the motors over.
    Job done
    Thanks for all your help :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement