If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips warranty

Options
  • 06-03-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Hii guys

I bought a 42inch 7404 from the philips shop about 5-6 weeks ago and I sent off the warranty card straight away. However I haven't heard a thing from philips. Is there a delay or is there someone I could call to check into this.

Thanks

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garethbzg

I posted mine in november and got in in the post yesterday dont worry!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

There is indeed a delay on the responses from Philips. I have spoken to the girl looking after these and she apologises but ther is a min 6 week response time from Philips. However do not worry you are covered by the extended warranty. We have a list of all our customers who have availed of this offer and I am sending it on to Philips for anyone who may have forgot to send off their form or anyone who did not recieve the warranty application form instore.

Thanks a mil for your patience,

Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thanks for putting my mind at ease Nicola. The tv that was replaced by the 7404 was a Toshiba which started giving trouble a month after it's 12 month warranty ran out so that's why I was keen to get the 3 year warranty with the 7404.

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

Thanks for putting my mind at ease Nicola. The tv that was replaced by the 7404 was a Toshiba which started giving trouble a month after it's 12 month warranty ran out so that's why I was keen to get the 3 year warranty with the 7404.

David

<SNIP>

Please see Stickey - "As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums."

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi Dave,

Sent mine the last day of November and only got the warranty in mid-Feb.! Relax, it'll come alright!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dave & anyone else...

If you have submitter your Philips warranty forms and not yeat heard anything I would not fret yet - there was a huge response to the extended warranty offer and I know that the guys at Philips Towers are still working through them - HOWEVER if you are concerned please just drop us an email to sales@thephilipsshop.ie with your details and we will speak to Philips about any specific warranty form on your behalf.

Mark2000 - whats the position on your TV - if you like you can drop me a PM and I'll look into this for you if your retailer has not already been able to assist you,

Thanks Ritz BTW ..

ATB All,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Folks

Just to add a little to what John has mentioned above, we have spoken to the person dealing with this in Philips and there is quite a back log they are working through.

It seems that whilst lots of warranty forms have been processed, there is a bit of a delay in the documents being posted back to customers.

If you purchased your TV form ourselves or Richer and are concerned that yours may have been overlooked, we can chase them up for you and confirm they have recieved your warranty form.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.