Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 500D + Sigma 18-200 - €690?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seems wrong, it's very cheap with that lense, 2 cheap?

edit, maybe not it's a sigma lense, could be a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

have you a translator on hand? Or can you make all that out?

The worst thing about buying online is, no matter how good the deal, we will always question it until we have the goods in our hands. I'm the same lately, but I'm looking at used gear which is even trickier and harder trust.

I'd prefer it to be in English to be honest, you could at least read any fine print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

well they say...

Thats if babbelfishything is right

Somethings a miss if a store on ebay doesnt take Paypal, walk on the side of caution I think.
    • PAYMENTS WITH PAYPAL ARE NOT ACCEPTED
    • the payments must reach within 5 gg working from the end of the auction
    • it is always prayed to communicate the happened payment and the modality of the same one
    • ONLY ACCEPTED PAYMENTS: BANKING DISCOUNT, DISCOUNT MAILS THEM, SIFTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Googles translation makes a little more sense,

1. DO NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS WITH PAYPAL
    2. payments must be received within 5 working days from the end of the auction
    3. Please always communicate and mode of payment for the same
    4. SINGLE PAYMENTS ACCEPTED: BANK TRANSFER, POSTAL MONEY, MONEY

Not accepting Paypal would mean I'd walk straight by, you'd have absolutely no comeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Bank transfer only or cash only ? Steer clear. Chances are it's a scam, and you have zero comeback if thats the case. You transfer the money, and whooosh, they're gone.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hmm, considering same deal from Hong Kong is €837 + postage here: http://cgi.ebay.ie/Canon-EOS-500D-Sigma-18-200mm-OS-8GB-SDHC-Ex-Battery_W0QQitemZ270538099742QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item3efd53cc1e#ht_5272wt_939 I'd say this has to be a scam

How do I report this so someone else does not fall for it?

How come the guy has nearly 2000 positive feedbacks and then this? I don't get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There could be a warehouse full of them on their laptops giving the feedback to one another. Sounds iffy indeed.

No exaggerating -

there was an online poker scam, crews of players in Tallin working out of a warehouse, playing round the clock in shifts at mulitple tables. their strategy was simple, ultra aggression. it worked, they cleaned up for a while. Until a lot of them were banned for holding multiple accounts and allowing others play under their aliases [the accounts were live 24/7 across all levels.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks. I'd say this is a legitimate seller that has been hijacked

Advertisement