Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbies

• 06-03-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

We are due in early may.

We are only starting to get everthing we need. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on what and where to buy the following items (We have received some stuff from family and friends).

- Bottles and sterilisers (Avant v's Brown - I think that's the name) and how many bottles.
    - Baby changer
    - Baby monitor - Would ideally like the one with the monitor mat included.

Would it be worthwhile go up north to get any of the above items ?.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

We got most things we needed in mothercare. They hold information evenings once a month and you get a 10% discount card for going so that ended up saving us a good bit.

The info evening in the Mothercare in Carrickmines in the first Wednesday of every month. Not sure about the rest but the info is on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I work in the nursery industry and there isn't a huge difference between the north and south at the moment. Most of the branded buggys and car seats are competitively priced in the south as are lots of the consumables like bottles/monitors/pumps etc.

Another factor to take into account is what if something doesn't work and it needs returning to the store. Many retailers don't honour returns (even if faulty) from the North/UK websites so you would have to return to the store in the North which is probably the last thing you want to do once you get your newborn baby home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

have a look at some online shops , save your feet and petrol money. I tried to get one of the angel care monitors from mothercare and was told they dont sell them, got one in tony kealys instead.

Advertisement