Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flier's in you door

Options
  • 06-03-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Well doe's anyone really read these fliers that come in your letter box day after day. From food to sales of all sorts of items, are any of these really any good.
    I suppose the only one I ever used were the Pizza or the Chinese fliers, keep them in the phone table.

Or on average we'd get about 20 fliers a month in the door. The printers must be cleaning up. Are these fliers just a wast of time or do we really pay any attention to them, Well do you :cool:.......?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Well - I won't say I read them - but I do look at each to see what they are about. 99.9% end up in the green bin. There is the odd useful one - usually updated menus/taxi nos.

Guess the printers are doing well, but I presume from a marketing point of view they must work - otherwise they wouldn't exist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I see a few houses now with "No Junk Mail" stickers on their letter boxes to stop getting fliers. They're obviously not interested in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

we get some amount of crap leaflets through the door every week. Its quite a large apartment/housing complex so I reckon its targeted as an area for leaflets. Most go straight in the bin, a few get a look then in the bin, rarely if ever keep one and these usually the pizza etc with offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

There are the really annoying ones that want their unsolicited junk catalogs back ! Like they expect you to be there at a certain time to hand them back their 'property'. Or expect you to leave it outside if you are not there at that time - like f**k I will - like I'm going to leave it out as a great big flag to burglars:mad::rolleyes:

Then if you dont they start pestering you with notes that this is their property and it must be returned - Well why the f**k did you toss it away into my letter box in the first place - did I f**king well ask you to - no. Not my f**king fault I'm not there when you want it back. Me, wanting a beauty products catalogue ?? LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Not wrote: »
    There are the really annoying ones that want their unsolicited junk catalogs back ! Like they expect you to be there at a certain time to hand them back their 'property'. Or expect you to leave it outside if you are not there at that time - like f**k I will - like I'm going to leave it out as a great big flag to burglars:mad::rolleyes:

Then if you dont they start pestering you with notes that this is their property and it must be returned - Well why the f**k did you toss it away into my letter box in the first place - did I f**king well ask you to - no. Not my f**king fault I'm not there when you want it back. Me, wanting a beauty products catalogue ?? LMAO.

that'd be an interesting one to test. Its their property but they gave it away to you, unrequested and unaware of any terms.

You could probably accuse them of littering in your house :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I see a few houses now with "No Junk Mail" stickers on their letter boxes to stop getting fliers. They're obviously not interested in them!
    There's a miserable guy who lives on our street, you know one of these guys who hates everything, he's under 40 so he's quite young version of Victor Meldrew! but he had a {No Junk Mail Sign} up for about 2 years.

He called into our house one day as our kids were returning from swimming, The wife had bought a Pizza for the kids, Well we started to tell him we had got these pizzas for nothing because of the freebies with the leaflets, we also told him that we ate free about twice a week with all the freebies we get. From that day he has taken down his sign and is still waiting to get a couple of freebies...
    Miserable Git...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Not wrote: »

Straight into the bin. Then I got a note "can I have my catalogue back?", and another note. Then another catalogue the following month. Into the bin. Then a note. Nothing since. Result.

Advertisement