Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! lost zyxel P660 setup cd & password

• 07-03-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I seem to have lost the installation CD for the modem.
    I wanted to give it to my in-laws (I know its a crap modem, but its all I have as a spare) as their modem packed up but I can't get into the modem's webpage to set it up. I get stuck at the password screen. I don't remember setting one up, but I might have...:confused:

Is there a default password that the modem comes with?
    If not, is there a way to reset whatever password there is?
    Can a duplicate copy of the installation Cd be downloaded from anywhere?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

have you tried the pass broadband1

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kcools

Think zyxel general default password is 1234.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Thanks - broadband1 worked.
    Like a noob, I forgot to look under the modem...eircom had printed it there, in plain sight!!!

Still need to download a copy of the installation CD, from somewhere.
    Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

What's on the CD that's not on the settings page? Genuine question. I'm on a Mac so I couldn't even use the CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭teddy b123

im pretty sure you dont need the cd, ive never used the cd for another modem i have, just connect it by lan or use the right wep key and it should work perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

all the cd does is show you how to connect up the cables, any settings you need are printed on the bottom of the modem

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Thanks everyone. Really appreciated.

Advertisement