Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem reading files on an external hard drive plugged into usb dvd player

• 07-03-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

i have recently purchased a 1gb Iomega hard drive. i copied all films onto it and it works when i have it plugged into my laptop. problem is when i plug it into my dvd player through a usb port it is not reafing anything. should i have formatted the hard drive 1st or am i missing something as simple as a vlc player. it is not even showing up d files on the hard drive when plugged into dvd.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭bl8ckh8art

What brand/model of dvd player is it? Is the usb port used for plugging external hd's into it? If the usb slot is in the back it might just be for service engineers when repairing it or the like. My bd390 bluray player lets me plug external hd's and usb keys into it to play films, the usb is on the front.

Advertisement