Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has the thread about the science day charity scandal been deleted?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I think people should know how the tens of thousands of euro they donated ended up being spent on bouncy castles and popcorn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

That thread contained potentially defamatory statements about a certain person in the SU.

Since I don't see how it would be possible to have a thread discussing the facts without people making unprovable allegations or insinuations (and remember: "I think..." or "maybe..." don't get you off the hook for defamation), the topic is off-limits for now, until there are further developments (ie. the University Observer writes an article outlining the allegations which we can discuss/ the garda begin investigating/ official action is taken etc.)
    At the moment all we have here are a very suspect set of facts, but no proof whatsoever of anything untoward.

Until such proof is offered, or comes to light, I will not put Boards.ie at risk of libel action from people cherry-picking facts and stringing a story together.

I've taken this action unilaterally, and will discuss it with the other mods via PM, and we will decide if discussion on this topic will be allowed.
    In the meantime, the Feedback forum is available for any complaints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement