Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel recommendations in Sydney?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Alright lads,

Well I'm in Sydney :) Staying with the rellies in St Clair for the moment, but not much to be doin here so I reckon I'll move onto the hostels on Wednesday or Thursday.

Just looking for suggestions on places to stay ! I'm not looking for work at the moment so location isn't too important for that, but the main priorities are:

1. Cheap... Max $30 p/n
    2. Good for meeting people/having fun !
    3. Easy women

Any places spring to mind? Dorm rooms are grand

I was looking at this
    http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/Coogee-Beach-House/Sydney/29369

Looks to be right beside Coogee, might be nice for a few days?

Cheers folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Hi Dave,

Good to hear you have arrived safely.

Stay at the relatives a few more days if possible as the jet-lag will take a coulple of days to catch up with you.

Here is a link to some hostel in Sydney centra area

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hostel+sydney+central&fb=1&gl=au&hq=hostel+sydney+central&hnear=Sydney+NSW&ei=p0-TS53AFZGTkAWhm_iMDQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=4&ved=0CDQQtgMwAw

There are plenty more to be found on google.au.

Make sure you have a read of the reviews and check the tariff charges.

The Coogee hostel is located in a top spot for checking the beach, and where there's beachs, there's usually plenty of young ladies. :D

There's also some good pubs and eateries around Coogee.

The Leagues clubs and RSL clubs have good meals at reasonable prices.
    You will need some identity to get in.

Give me a call, I might be in St Clair early this week coming.

Gaz

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

I had a friend that stayed in the cross when she came over and she loved it. Met lots of new people (who she ended up traveling around SE Asia with) was out nearly every night of the week because the hostel would have deals with the pubs and clubs in the area so heaps of free booze,,,,,

Granted it is bit full on up there but you only live once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Wake Up Hostel in the city... tis a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

nm wrote: »
    Wake Up Hostel in the city... tis a good one

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MissSuki

My friend is in manly at the moment staying here....

http://www.manlybackpackers.com.au/

Sounds like there is plenty of fun to be had there! Plus it's within your budget! :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement