Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a recommendation for a hotel

Options
  • 07-03-2010 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I've got a meeting in Limerick ( Plessey business park) next thursday so I need a place to stay Wednesday night. I'll be travelling in on the n7 so where would be a handy place to stay?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well, to be nearby to Plassey theres the Kilmurray Lodge and Castletroy Park hotel. Theres also a new travellodge there next to Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Kilmurray Lodge is probably the best bet. It is the one that you could drive into the Plassey business park with the least traffic congestion.

The Castletroy park hotel and Travel lodge are both by the UL roundabout which can get congested at peak times. The KL would allow you to avoid the main choke points, and it is also the first one you will meet coming in the N7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 honda50man

Yes Kilmurray Lodge is best

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

The traffic congestion wouldn't add too much time to a journey from either the Castletroy park or the Travellodge, the hardest part from the Castletroy Park would be getting across the road to join the queue at the UL lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

The Castletroy Park hotel is a nice comfortable hotel, good staff and quite a good restaurant by hotel standards. The Kilmurray Lodge is shabby and not the cleanest or most comfortable place but I imagine would be suitable as a cheap stopover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Travelodge is new clean and quiet. Kilmurry on a thursday night can expect a few students in the nightclub and may be noisy. traffic wont be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Great just after I've booked the kilmurray hotel :)

wonder if I can cancel it now? I wanted acquiet place and a nightclub on site isn't what I had in mind (I'm about 15 years past that age :))

will they not cancel it for ya? up to 2pm the day before on on the day is standard for commercial customers :)
    EDIT: beware, no bar or restaurant in travelodge. clean quiet bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

The bedroom wing in the kilmurray is well away from the nightclub,which is in a basement. The music from the nightclub can barely be heard from just outside the club so i'd say you'll be grand down in the bedroom side of the hotel.

That said, I can hear the students leaving the place every night, and I live in Newtown Annacotty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement