Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transition from cot to cot bed

Options
  • 07-03-2010 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Am about to move my 2 and a half year old into his cot bed, just have to take the bars off his cot. I was wondering about bedding, I bought a 7.5tog single duvet yesterday, I know it will hang over the edge of the bed quite a bit but I suppose thats ok, because the cot duvet he uses at the moment is very small and easily fall off the bed if there were no bars there.

I know 7.5 tog is light enough compared to what I would use for myself,but i think that was the tog of his cot bedding.

What do people think of this, or is there anything else you would suggest I do?

Many thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭tscul32

My son, 2y3m, is in his bed with a standard 10.5 tog single duvet (regular single bed, not cot bed). But to be honest he usually ends up sleeping on top of it, moves about too much, so we just make sure he has a fleece sleepsuit on over his jammies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

put my fella in to a proper bed at 20 months wth standard duvet 10.5tog.

put up a side bar on the bed so he wouldnt fall out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

They do move around a lot and won't stay under the duvet. I had my little one in a gro bag during the cold months: http://www.babyaccessories.ie/detail.php?id=240&gclid=CJSLtP-KqqACFR0-lAod5Dd7Zg (This is just an e.g. of a grobag that I found on the net).

Kept her toasty warm and comfortable. I found the use of cellular blankets complementary to the grow bag as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Snuggle sac is a sleeping bag for toddlers. Good for the movers and shakers. I would second a bedrail.

Advertisement