Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound quality

Options
  • 07-03-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Got the game yesterday, and have been playing it a lot. Nice break from MW2
    Does anyone find the sound strange though? I mean as in gunsounds and stuff being muffled.
    The game has great sound effects, and stuff lik breaking windows and blowing up stuff sounds great, other than, they seem muffled.

I have tried changing sound quality in the settings.ini file but not much difference.
    Btw i am using logitech g35 headset

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have you set sound to "wartapes" via ingame settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Got the game yesterday, and have been playing it a lot. Nice break from MW2
    Does anyone find the sound strange though? I mean as in gunsounds and stuff being muffled.
    The game has great sound effects, and stuff lik breaking windows and blowing up stuff sounds great, other than, they seem muffled.

I have tried changing sound quality in the settings.ini file but not much difference.
    Btw i am using logitech g35 headset

I have this problem as well. :( Was a shame because everyone was saying that the sound was really immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Aye, no doubt the sound effects are amazing, its just they feel weird / muffled somewhat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Whaaaaaaat....the sound in this game is just gobsmacking. I bet you have speakers selected and you playing with headphones or vice versa...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Headphones sounds muffled alright.

Wartapes can be scary it seems so real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

I find the sound abit weird too... sometimes find it hard to distinguish where gunfire is coming from.

Could be my sound card - Asus Xonar DS1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I am getting used to it now. I have to admit, the surround sound is great, so handy to hear where gunfire is coming, when guys are running up on you. War tapes is pretty mad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

War Tapes makes for a pretty special experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I found that when I had surround sound turned off on my headphones the sound was rubbish and muffled but if I turned SS on the sounds are crisp and really great!

Using these, G35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

invest in 5:1 speakers boys.. play couple hours and then switch on some documentary about iraq ..no difference
    sound is aaaaamzing

• Advertisement

Go one better m8, had the house like a ****ing underground NAZI PARTY yesterday. I had this game SCREAMING on my Creative S750's 7.1 surround sound and I swear I have that IRAQ'y post war down syndrome thing all them boys get from being at war to long.....good job my little girl did not sneak up behind me she would have got a JUDO CHOP or some ****.

JUST AMAZING...its a shame the game is getting all the wrong kinda press from being buggy with disconnections n ****....:(

This is what PC's were made for, BIG TIME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Go one better m8, had the house like a ****ing underground NAZI PARTY yesterday. I had this game SCREAMING on my Creative S750's 7.1 surround sound and I swear I have that IRAQ'y post war down syndrome thing all them boys get from being at war to long.....good job my little girl did not sneak up behind me she would have got a JUDO CHOP or some ****.

JUST AMAZING...its a shame the game is getting all the wrong kinda press from being buggy with disconnections n ****....:(

This is what PC's were made for, BIG TIME

1000% with you maaan,
    i swear to god after first day of playing when i went to sleep i heard just long machine gun series..
    but about disconnections.. its only when you play on wrong server , i found 2 that are great.. no pb disconnections and no bc crashign to windows and when i went to different.. i started all over again so its 100% fault from server side

Atmosphere Atmosphere Atmosphere.....that what makes this game a step up.

Running on the desert maps and hearing the chopper flyover and tanks ROARING by and you on foot, man you nearly **** yourself.

A good sound card and headphones / speakers a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I love that snap and crack echo sound of like weapons fire in the distance its great. I must say I have noticed that games have been more proactive in this area of recent.

Advertisement