Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Fishing Cavan

Options
  • 07-03-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of info on pike fishing in Cavan. Going to venture down sometime over the next few weeks.
    Is there any particular lakes to go to, good access, boat rental, licence etc.
    Any help appreciated, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭david_1888

ok after a bit of Google research im going to head to Lough Ramor,

Anyone any info on this lake, good/bad spots and worth renting a boat or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 northern gun

david_1888 wrote: »

Hi, don't know much about Lough Ramor. Lough Sheelin holds big pike, and big trout too. Good access around the lough, boats can be hired in Finnea. Shannon Region Permit can be purchased online. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭david_1888

Thanks very much Northern Gun will have a look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

trolling is not allowed on Sheelin until 1st of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

david_1888 wrote: »

Hasn't fished well this year at all, may get a bit better now with milder weather. PM me for more info if you like, may have another suggestion or two for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

They say that there is a lake in cavan for every day of the year.
    My advice is to study a OS map of the area and pick a lake that either cant be seen from a road or is on a very quiet backroad and give it a bash, it dosnt have to be a huge lake to catch big pike. ive caught pike up to 25lbs in lakes you could kick a football across. Ramor is a good pike water and i have had plenty of bumper days on it for pike and coarse fish but i know ramor very well and know where fish like to hide at different times of the year so it does help to do some reasearch first otherwise you may aswell be fishing in a puddle

Advertisement