Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying a new mp3 player

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Ross Mc wrote: »
    Good sound quality would be nice, I play guitar so I know when the sound is crap.

What earphones/headphones do you use?

Sansa Clip+ looks like it would be a good match for you. Excellent SQ in a very small and basic form factor.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Expandable-MicroSD/dp/B002NX0ME6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267958095&sr=8-2

The Sansa Fuze is also a good bet, if you want a larger screen and longer battery life

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sansa-Fuze-8gb-Player-Black/dp/B0019JOD68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267958192&sr=8-1

PC World and Harvey Norman sell the Fuze for occasionally cheaper than online, if there's one near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Ross Mc

Baza210 wrote: »
    What earphones/headphones do you use?

Sansa Clip+ looks like it would be a good match for you. Excellent SQ in a very small and basic form factor.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Expandable-MicroSD/dp/B002NX0ME6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267958095&sr=8-2

The Sansa Fuze is also a good bet, if you want a larger screen and longer battery life

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sansa-Fuze-8gb-Player-Black/dp/B0019JOD68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1267958192&sr=8-1

PC World and Harvey Norman sell the Fuze for occasionally cheaper than online, if there's one near you.

I did see the sansa but i'm weary of it to be honest, I might as well buy the philips for the price.
    I have philips wrap-around type headphones

Oh also it being like an ipod is pretty much the least important thing. I'm more concerned that it works right then looks right

What is there to be wary of? Sansas are highly respected for their sound quality, Philips are not.

What is there to be wary of? Sansas are highly respected for their sound quality, Philips are not.

What about reliability? if it's as reliable i'll go for it

They're solidly built, I haven't encountered any reliability issues. Unlike, say, Creative.

• Advertisement

thanks i'll get that, just noticed you can add more memory too, quite handy

hey i can find the fuse or the other one on any site that isn't only an online one, can anyone tell me how much they retail for? the clip plus is like 70 but are the fuse more?

Harvey Norman, PC World and Xtravision sell them, as far as I know. Not sure about the prices but they have them at half price frequently.

ok well if i get to harvey norman or pc world lately i'll get that one but chances are i'll get into town before then, so probably get the clip plus. either way doesn't bother me, it's a perfect fit for me, thanks for the advice people, would never have even considered the sansa myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Whatever you do keep away from the Creative Zen X-fi 2. I bought the 32GB version, after my Sansa View 16GB went "walkabout". The sound of the Creative is terrible. It's all splashy and washy, even through my Senheisser ear buds (which are considered bassy by some). The sound of the Zen is way too geared toward the high end frequencies and it ends up sounding horrible and artificial (to my ears anyway).

I miss my Sansa 16GB. :(

I've been trying to get a 32GB Sansa View, but nowhere but Amazon stock it and they don't deliver those type of goods to Ireland, which is a real pain in the arse.

So, it looks like I might opt for the Sansa Fuze 8GB with a 16GB MicroSDHC card for extra space.

8GB is micky mouse. Anythng below 16GB is pointless as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement

The Sansa Fuze and Clip share audio circuitry. The View, despite being more expensive, sounds worse.

If you want higher capacity check out the Cowon D2+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The Sansa Fuze and Clip share audio circuitry. The View, despite being more expensive, sounds worse.

If you want higher capacity check out the Cowon D2+.

"Worse" in what way?

I found the View's sound to be very warm and meaty. With a good defined bass. Which is in contrast to the barely audible bass on the Zen.

And I'm not talking about thump thump dance music either, just normal bass lines in general rock and pop music.

The difference is amazing.

Tony EH wrote: »
    "Worse" in what way?

I found the View's sound to be very warm and meaty. With a good defined bass. Which is in contrast to the barely audible bass on the Zen.

And I'm not talking about thump thump dance music either, just normal bass lines in general rock and pop music.

The difference is amazing.

i prefer a "bassy" sound so should suit me down to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

Great sounding mp3 player at very cheap price,use an SD Card to increase storage.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850267

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Just on the Sansa Fuze. I had one less than 9 months and I got a whitescreen and it was basically unusable. Luckily I brought it back to Argos today and they gave me a credit note.
    When the whitescreen happened I looked it up and discovered quite a few people have had the same issue.
    I have to decide now what MP3 to get and I'm a bit put off Sansa now.I had a Sony before that which was rubbish.

actually i'm gonna buy a clip tomorrow, fun times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Have any clip+ users on here tried using a 16gb card yet?

Read on Amazon that there's an issue with the expandable memory, was hoping to get a clip+ and a 32gb card eventually but sounds like it's a bit too good to be true.

thanks for that guys, bought the clip and now it's broke, already. It's just crashed, i mean wtf.

That's pretty weird. Where did you buy it?

• Advertisement

That's pretty weird. Where did you buy it?

argos

So you should be able to get it replaced, then?

So you should be able to get it replaced, then?

i have a receipt but might only get a credit note cause argos are crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

viv.ie wrote: »
    Great sounding mp3 player at very cheap price,use an SD Card to increase storage.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850267
    I'm on my second one (instead of the S9), what a great player! Lost my first one. Great sound, has a radio, great battery life, even the software is great!

I know it's a bit late, OP already bought a player, but worth considering a D2 if you get your money back. They have an SD card slot too

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ross Mc wrote: »
    i have a receipt but might only get a credit note cause argos are crap

Not at all, you just bought it. You will get a refund or replacement, or repair, but that last one is unlikely. Do not accept a credit note if they offer it as you are not required to even consider a credit note as an option.

Not sure what is wrong with your clip as I don't have any info to go on, but good luck in getting it replaced all the same.

Mactard wrote: »
    Not at all, you just bought it. You will get a refund or replacement, or repair, but that last one is unlikely. Do not accept a credit note if they offer it as you are not required to even consider a credit note as an option.

Not sure what is wrong with your clip as I don't have any info to go on, but good luck in getting it replaced all the same.

thanks gonna get it sorted out tomorrow, hope i don't get another dud :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Well I did warn you!:)Did you get a whitescreen?
    However,since you only just bought it,you can definitely get your money back. Argos don't have a repair contract with Sansa so they will replace it if you want too.
    They gave me a credit note because it was 9 months old and no longer sell the Sansa Fuze.
    I am thinking of getting the Samsung they have listed as I have a Samsung netbook as well. Anybody else got one?

Well I did warn you!:)Did you get a whitescreen?
    However,since you only just bought it,you can definitely get your money back. Argos don't have a repair contract with Sansa so they will replace it if you want too.
    They gave me a credit note because it was 9 months old and no longer sell the Sansa Fuze.
    I am thinking of getting the Samsung they have listed as I have a Samsung netbook as well. Anybody else got one?

it just crashed, i'll get another one and if the same happens again then i'll get my money back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just an fyi for the future, you did not have to accept that credit note as argos were legally obliged to offer you a repair, replacement or refund as you were well within your warranty.

Post a link to the sammy if you can find it, I ain't got no argos catalogue...EDIT: nevermind, I just noticed your thread :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Does the Sansa Clip+ come with a USB cable or do you have to buy it seperately?

Thanks! :)

It includes a short miniUSB cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks! :)

Advertisement