Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self build project

Options
  • 07-03-2010 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

New member checking in...I was hoping to get some up to date pricings re various parts of a new self build bungalow I'm hoping to start in Co. Leitrim soon. I have been haunting the web and various forums and just can't get any concrete idea of what prices are regarding materials, scaffolding, concrete, blocks, tiles and so on, all the usual stuff. Already had a pre planning enquiry rejected out of hand, they want an "old style" house to reflect the local heritage...at the moment they insist on at least one co2 reducing technology in all new builds, the one I had in mine was modern, and VERY green as it incorporated four co2 reducing technologies...Makes you wonder a bit doesn't it...Anyway, if anyone has some ideas of the various pricing structures of the materials and services needed to complete a self build, I'd be very grateful, suppliers of various materials and services are for some obscure reason very loathe to publish their prices.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi brencog

You mightn't remember from last time you posted re pricing of construction but the boards.ie Help Desk is for people have difficulty using the site or who have issues with a moderation decision. And regular users can't answer threads in that forum.:)

Moving to the prices/costs subforum of Construction & Planning , where you may get an answer. It's located under Rec > Home & Garden > Construction & Planning > Prices/costs

Advertisement