Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement lever pad door handle

• 07-03-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My front door handle fell off yesterday (the spring mechanism has worn out and broken). After a bit of research on the intertubes I've figured out that it's a lever pad design with twin spindles. Does anyone know where I could find a replacement in Dublin? Also does anyone why the front handle is a pad rather than regular handle (wife would prefer a regular handle)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,446 ✭✭✭✭Victor

the_vick wrote: »
    wife would prefer a regular handle
    Do you mean like a door knob?

Levers are a lot more usable by people who don't have the full use of their hands, through disability, gloves, carrying stuff, etc.

Of course, you can fit both and most hardware shops and builder's providers will have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 the_vick

Victor wrote: »
    Do you mean like a door knob?

Levers are a lot more usable by people who don't have the full use of their hands, through disability, gloves, carrying stuff, etc.

Of course, you can fit both and most hardware shops and builder's providers will have them.

What I have is something like this:
    https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/handles-122/lever-pad-upvc-door-handles-156/hoppe-240mm-92-62pz-lever-pad-handles-snib-719.html
    The outside handle is a "pad" rather than traditional lever. It also has a snib, but I've never figured out what this does.

Advertisement