Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Assignment !

• 07-03-2010 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

Ok, you've just gotten off the phone with a major publicist, (they randomnly picked your name from the internet:rolleyes:) and they want to send you on an assignment, all expenses paid, the only catch is you get to decide what it is........so.........what's your dream assignment ?
    (is it a fashion shoot with Lady GAGA, a portrait session with a hero of your choice(dead or alive:eek:, maybe Einstein!), a trip to Antartica, etc etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i've done mine already, travel around on a tour bus with a big band who are playing sell out shows and documenting the process whilst having a whole pile of rock and roll type fun.

would like to do it for longer, in more exotic countries and be paid to do it though

in saying that, am off to spain next week to travel around shooting an indie band on their european tour. if only i could figure out a way of doing it that made me rich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Even if we're dreaming here, I think I'd take Tigers or Lions or Polar Bears over Lady GaGa.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Antigua with Andre Phillip. Maybe a couple of the other Cabrinha guys as well including up and coming Alberto Rondina (who I have photographed before). Slider park stuff, definitely and some wave stuff.

3C005C0DC4C94FC88DAEEAF2D2C00B93.jpg

Wouldn't mind a trip to the Triple S in Hatteras as well. Carolina is a bit hard to get to though although I must see what the closest airport is. This year might be the year.

Also wouldn't mind a trip to the Cocos Islands off Australia.

Despite the landscape and the lighthouses, clearly I still dig kite photography more than any. If it's still bright around 4.30 I might trip back down to Dolly if I can find the monopod (it's missing at the moment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

i've done mine already
    you lucky git ;)
    I think I'd take Tigers or Lions or Polar Bears over Lady GaGa
    dunno, I think GaGa is wilder than them ^^ :D
    Antigua with Andre Phillip
    sounds good
    Maybe a couple of the other Cabrinha guys as well
    oh, lets not get carried away here :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

oh, lets not get carried away here :p

Dude, I've a shopping list full of kitesurfers I want in my gallery. But Andre is top of the list. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

South East Asia for me, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos... would be great if I could get someone to pay for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

A trip to Seattle to meet, interview and of course, photograph some of my favourite bands - Pearl jam and Alice in chains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

A trip to Seattle in a time machine to meet, interview and of course, photograph some of my favourite bands - Pearl jam and Alice in chains

FYP :D

FYP :D

No, Pearl Jam and Alice in chains are still going, both have had new studio albums out just before Christmas. Only thing, Layne Staley is gone [RIP] from AiC, but the band remains the same, just with a new singer.

Notice I didn't add in Nirvana and Soundgarden, because they are split, and the whole suicide thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

An all expenses paid expedition to Iraq, or Israel or some place like that to do a Hard hitting truth documentary look at whats going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I love photographing any wedding, and weddings really are my dream jobs.

But speaking of a dream job, I woke up one night after a mad dream that I had been contacted to photograph Prince Charles and whats her name getting married, they wanted low key so wanted an unkown to cover the day. At the end of the day they gave me permission to sell to hello and I got millions. Now that would really be a dream job.

SO you want to be a hired pap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Antartica, pics paid for up front with a free run of the Canon catelogue ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Ideally THIS although THIS would come a close second. Ohhh....and sponsored by Nikon, please ;):p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Infrared roadtrip of North America. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

The Amazon,travel around South America.

Advertisement