Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE News Now App

Options
  • 07-03-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has already been posted, search doesn't seem to be working for some reason.

Got this app and it doesn't seem to work. just stuck at loading, then if I press Watch Live, I get Error: Unable to locate live stream.

This happens over wifi or 3G.:(

ANy input/incite would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Has a mind of it's own works when it wants .
    When it works it good though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

mine seems to only work over wifi, are rte only allowing o2 users to access it on the iphone over the networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

sync your iPhone and it'll work fine at least mine does anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

eamon234 wrote: »
    sync your iPhone and it'll work fine

What would this do , if you look at reviews on app store loads are moaning about it not loading , so doubt syncing the iPhone would do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Well for me it never worked lol. Good thing it was free. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

its very tempermental on my iPod Touch too!

works when it wants to over WiFi and sometimes takes ages to load and of course, i havent got the live feed working since i downloaded it.

but as said above, its a good app when its working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

the video feed on rte app is nothing short of absolute shockingness ! :eek:
    terrible terrible quality, compared with sky news app, which isnt perfect but a million times better,

20b0eab.png

1zf77o.png

BOBBY wrote: »
    the video feed on rte app is nothing short of absolute shockingness ! :eek:
    terrible terrible quality, compared with sky news app, which isnt perfect but a million times better,

20b0eab.png

1zf77o.png

That,s shocking :eek:

Is that over wifi? I don't understand why it has such good reviews in the App Store.:confused:

the actual news part is good, well laid out and fast, its the video feed that really lets it down,
    ya on wifi

They seemed to of fixed the quality on the video feed, I have been watching on 3g with 3g restrictor, and it's quite good !!

• Advertisement

The old one is gone and there is a new one now with 3G. I still can't get it to work over wifi though.:mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I only found that this morning - strange how they didn't push it as an update.

Well, I just had to restore my jailbroken iPhone running on 3.0 because it was getting very slow.

Now I'm on 3.1.3 and of course no jailbreak and this app is working for me.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

mad muffin wrote: »
    Well for me it never worked lol. Good thing it was free. :(

Free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Working fine for me lads, quality very good:

24xknxg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

culabula wrote: »
    Free?

The app is free, or at least was when I downloaded it weeks back. Haven't gone near it in a long time as the video is poosibly the worst quality I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    The app is free, or at least was when I downloaded it weeks back. Haven't gone near it in a long time as the video is poosibly the worst quality I have ever seen.

Well just opened the app again after Reading through this thread and the video quality has been hugely improved. Will defo use this more often now.

Using over wifi btw.

culabula wrote: »
    Free?

Yep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

Anyone else having problems with this loading over about the last two weeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have you had a problem since 2010?

App working fine for me.

Ensure that the iOS and App is up to date and do a restart of phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement