Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foxing rifle

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭CZ.

throat erosion also take the bolt out hold the gun up to the light if it dozen look normal up their dont buy it rifle barrels now are made from alot better steel than they used to be so barrel life is longer and i dont think their is alot of dealers in ireland that would sell you a gun with a bad barrel any way but 1 or 2 would surprise me

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

CZ. wrote: »
    throat erosion also take the bolt out hold the gun up to the light if it dozen look normal up their dont buy it rifle barrels now are made from alot better steel than they used to be so barrel life is longer and i dont think their is alot of dealers in ireland that would sell you a gun with a bad barrel any way but 1 or 2 would surprise me

just to make sure, what should a barrel look like when you look up it, clear sign of the twist thats in a barrel, that it's not bent ect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭CZ.

nobody in their right mind would sell you a gun with a warped barrel.it should be clear and clean and you should be see the twist clearly i saw a 22.250 burn out it had very little throat erosion but just up the chamber about 2 inch it was frosted but that gun was used and abused big time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There are a lot of shot-out .22-250s around or ones on their last legs, since its a fast calibre and was so widely used until a few years ago. Useful life is sub-2000 rounds. If you were shooting at targets you'd get significantly less than that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

clivej wrote: »
    Just to add to this thread.

With my CZ .223 if I zero 1" high @100m then I will be in the aim kill zone on a fox from 30m right out to 225m. It's a real point and shoot.[/QUOTE

i agree, same goes with my tika.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

about 600 without scope

Remmy .223 SPS €750

More after market bits for remmy than CZ

But thats my personal opinion.

.223 ammo Wolf 20rnds for €10
    Hornady Top class ammo €28
    And a host of others in between.

I shot 3 rabbits head shots today.
    Nikon Range finder
    Since I bought a .223 a few years back I have to say its my fav, silenced and deadly accurate out to 400 metres and beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

There are a lot of shot-out .22-250s around or ones on their last legs, since its a fast calibre and was so widely used until a few years ago. Useful life is sub-2000 rounds. If you were shooting at targets you'd get significantly less than that too.

I don't know about shot out 22-250.... When I was looking for a second hand 22-250, possible shot out or with plenty wear for a rebuild, there was not one to be found virtually in all of Irland. Must be the most consistent caliber with the swift available because all second hand rifles in the shops have fired exactly 200 rounds. Some looked like 5000 rounds but the dealers promised how fresh they where and therefore the 80% of the new price would be fine.....
    in the end I got new

edi

Advertisement