Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting private data from old mobiles

• 07-03-2010 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I want to give some of my old mobile phones to one of those phone-recycling places - they're cluttering up my storage, and I like recycling.

However, there is personal info - photos, numbers, messages - on those phones that I'd really rather destroy before handing them over. The phones are mainly Nokias, pre-miniSD cards, and some are no longer working (reliably, or at all). They're also so old that I don't have the cables to connect them to a PC/laptop.

Does anyone know of a way to wipe the memory from an old phone without destroying what makes them valuable for recycling? I know I can restore factory settings on the phones that work, but not sure if that will delete my data, or what to do with the other ones. Am I just being paranoid about my data if the phones aren't working any more anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Take out the memory cards, do a factory reset, or type *#7370# into the phone for a hard reset

Advertisement