Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK to cut lawn today or not?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Its sunny and warm today but will probably be frosty tonight.

Is it ok to cut the lawn?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you need to cut it? I'd leave it for a good while yet it'll get mild at some point. Unless you are in some strange "mild spot" it won't have grown much over the winter (mines hardly two inches high).

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

mike65 wrote: »
    Do you need to cut it? I'd leave it for a good while yet it'll get mild at some point. Unless you are in some strange "mild spot" it won't have grown much over the winter (mines hardly two inches high).

Yeah guess you're right. Just looking to do something in garden I guess.

Cheers for reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Paint something! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

We cut the grass the other week and switched blades after the first cut to snap up the moss. Not very green but looks better then what it was anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Sully wrote: »
    We cut the grass the other week and switched blades after the first cut to snap up the moss. Not very green but looks better then what it was anyway!

What kind of blade can you get to "snap up the moss"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

It is a good idea to cut it now - just keep the blade high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

twenty8 wrote: »
    It is a good idea to cut it now - just keep the blade high.
    yeah it evens it out; some patches always seem to grow, even in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Well, I cut mine yesterday and it was fine, just kept the blade high!! There has been a good bit of drying this last week or so..... Spring has finally sprung:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i cut mine a fortnight ago at level 5. normally cut at level 4 in the summer. today i spread some weed and feed. probably too early to have spread it thought.

Advertisement