Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tights with this dress?

• 07-03-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭

Bought this dress in Awear yesterday but not sure about it.
    Love the dress on and the shape, but I really dont have the legs & knees for going bare legged (or even tanned tights) in it. So if I keep it I need to match it with some kind of tights.

Do you think tights woudl look ok with this and if yes what colour? Thinking possibly brown but not sure. Half thinking of maybe a brown wide belt around the middle too but could be awful when I try.

10400934_Cream_medium.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

navy tights would look lovely i think! not too sure about brown though a bit too dull imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

Why dont you try coloured Tights ?! I think purple would be Fab ( Dark or Light Purple) i think Brown would take from the lovely Pink spring feel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks! Will try both those suggestions..... they sound good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think grey tights would be gorgeous with that dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

phasers wrote: »
    I think grey tights would be gorgeous with that dress

+1

• Advertisement

Don't have grey tights to try at the mo but tried it with purple ones (and have purple shoes to match) and it looked lovely.

Thanks for the suggestions - never would have thought of purple or even grey for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

Actually in penneys atm there is a two-pack of tights in a pale grey and pale pink, both of which would work really well with that dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Oooo Love this dress!! Think grey would look great!

What shoes though?? To dress it down?

Not sure on the shoes...... would have to try a few with the grey tights - can't imagine it with the grey tights at the mo, no imagination - hence my question in the first place :)

Its very flattering on, I've been 'blessed' with big hips and bum and its really flattering (I think!)

Advertisement