Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website works on Eircom but not Vodafone/BT?

• 07-03-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Would anyone be able to tell me why http://www.pilotbrief.net/ works perfectly if I connect via my friends eircom connection but not with Vodafone?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I am with voda, works fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Thanks.....have no idea then why within 20 meters it works fine on one provider and not the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

APM wrote: »
    Hey all,

Would anyone be able to tell me why http://www.pilotbrief.net/ works perfectly if I connect via my friends eircom connection but not with Vodafone?
    Thanks

Doesn't work here on UPC, is it a hosted site?
    Its a DNS problem, its IP 194.201.134.36 works fine.

If its hosted the hoster needs to have the ip/url registered with the ISP's DNS. Try entering the IP to your browser when using Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Not sure what you mean by a hosted site? Its just a company that professional pilots use to obtain weather and the like. Using the IP works perfectly for me.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

No probs mate, looks like an issue with the site is two diff ISP's are having a problem with its URL, might want to contact them. Happy flying anyways!

• Advertisement
Advertisement