Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb masts - Is there a map of locations

• 07-03-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Looking for a map of digiweb masts, with the service they broadcast from each of them.
    Is there any such thing?
    I know they list towns and areas, but they arent very accurate. It would be much better to see what masts are near you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

AARRRRGH wrote: »
    Looking for a map of digiweb masts, with the service they broadcast from each of them.
    Is there any such thing?
    I know they list towns and areas, but they arent very accurate. It would be much better to see what masts are near you.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

They used to have a map for metro locations, a very crude one at that. Now they decide on your behalf what you can avail at your specific location. If you put in your local town/village/parish, they give a generalised answer.

For me, only their proprietary FWA or satellite is offered in my location. Yet an admittedly small part of my area can receive Metro and much of my area can receive DSL at the humble speed of 1 mbps now.

Perhaps making a phone call to Digiweb would give fruitful information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

Was looking for this for the parents house.
    Phone digiweb and they said Metro is not available in the area. Rural Dublin, but not one of their villages listed, but close to one.
    The next door neighbor has digiweb metro though, but its impossible to get them to understand this point when I call. At least if they had a coverage map I could mark it on a map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bens wrote: »
    Was looking for this for the parents house.
    Phone digiweb and they said Metro is not available in the area. Rural Dublin, but not one of their villages listed, but close to one.
    The next door neighbor has digiweb metro though, but its impossible to get them to understand this point when I call. At least if they had a coverage map I could mark it on a map.

Try ordering online http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro/index.html

Or get your next door neighbour to ring them and refer you as a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

zerks wrote: »
    Try ordering online http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro/index.html

Or get your next door neighbour to ring them and refer you as a customer.

Good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement