Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ME Time

• 07-03-2010 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

What do you do during your ME time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

If i'm broke I love the cheesey having a bath with a glass of wine, then going and watching some tripe that i could never convince anyone to watch with me (brainless romantic drival being my favourite)

If I've money to spare I'm straight out to Dundrum, treat myself to some new clothes and a new dvd to watch we i get home, and buy my dindins in marks... happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I usually have a shower, get into clean pj's and watch all the crap tv i have recorded during the week that I cant watch when everyone else is around.

Other times I read whatever book Im reading at that time in peace with a glass of wine.

Or else just watch friends re-runs. I cant help it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

I ususally get into my PJ's. make sure the apt is clean, turn off my phone and on the fire and watch some cheesy DVD's or just chill out listening to music and reading!

Aww Bliss.... i would much rather have me time now instead of being stuck in this office!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

A glass of wine is a definite. 2 glasses is better;). I'll usually wear PJs or a hoody, something really comfy and snuggly :) curl up on the couch with some chocolate (because the wine needs a friend) and watch the tv shows that really help me unwind-QI and HIGNFY always make me smile, but if my brain is too tired old reruns of Friends or something similar are ok as they don't require any mental effort whatsoever.

The apartment has to be cleaned though, otherwise I wont fully relax and allow myself the time to chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Reallllly long hot bubble bath with iPod playing through speakers, followed by jammies, baggy hoody and fluffy socks. Then maybe a good book/movie with some vino and Nyommy chinese takeaway or big bowl of pasta.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm going through a phase now where i only really want me time and nothing else.

i read
    i play guitar
    i write songs
    i get in my car go for a drive
    i take pictures
    i meditate.

hmmm, what is this me time you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Go into the garage and do some wood turning, go for a walk or go to my room and listen to some music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Phone off, playstation on, dim the lights, crank up the headphone volume, shoot people in the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have a long shower, put on my really cosy dressing gown. Then glass of wine, tv, chocolate and a trashy magazine. Perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

after a small melt down last week, im putting a lot of focus on 'me' time at the moment, and have actually pretty much moved out of my home for the week, staying with a friend saturday, sunday and monday night. i'm not sure if ill stay with her again tuesday night, but i will try to find someone else to stay with pretty much up till friday. im enjoying spending my time differently, with different people in different settings, while still taking a lot of it for myself.

normally i'd surf, but im not allowed at hte moment, or paint, but i've not got the heart for it, or skate, but i've not got the energy for it... so im doing a wee backpacking holiday around christchurch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Sleep :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Good music on my iPod and go for a run. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

me time involves peace and quiet at home, new pjs, junk food and girlie telly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I like going for walks. I find it's really relaxing to tie my hair up, take all my make-up off, wear my "comfort clothes", put my earphones in and just go.
    It's nice to just escape for a while and listen to my favourite music.

I also like watching programmes like Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives to chill out ... mainly because no one else will watch them with me! :pac:

Oh, and a long, hot shower is good too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Haven't had a lot of me time lately. I get in from work an hour before the gf, but by the time you wind down it's not really ME time. When I do get a night alone and there's not some pub or session happening it's couch, covers, junk food and a mindless action movie.

Or if I have some new gadget, toy or software i'll happily spend hours tinkering and fine tuning to the point most people would have killed themselves of boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

jesus "me time" have'nt had that in a long long time! i work seven days a week and sleep for six of them! thank you recession!!!! i guess i have this vision of me in two or three months jus in my own room ( parents house) with my big **** off t.v. with my computer and one of those fancy gaming chairs! and maybe a nice gf to keep me smiling throughout the summer months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Me time involves having a long hot shower, snuggling into my PJ's and reading a really good book or playing really loud metal on my iPod or (even better) speakers!

Sometimes I like to surf the interweb but that's usually when I can't switch off. It gives me something to focus on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

if its me time cos im tired pjs, blazing fire and cat cuddled beside me are a given! not huge for the tv. if its me time for feeling down i bake! i get a sense of achievement on completion. if im feeling energetic i take a walk all wrapped up and stupid talking heads on the radio. if its me time to sort out troubles its a long spin with cds blaring.

i have lots of me time!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Cool thread OP :)

Most of the time I like getting into my PJs and getting cozy with my Snuggie and watching a DVD/film... preferably something scary also with a bit of eye candy.. ;) Last couple of times I watched The Notebook, Love Actually, 30 Days of Night etc. :)

Sometimes I like having 'refurbishing time' where I take all my make up off, have a long shower and shave my legs and everything while singing at the top of my lungs. :rolleyes: Then I put on nice clean clothes and do my make up perfectly. Whole process takes about 4 hours! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭needaname

Tuesday night is me time.... big relaxing bubbly bath, snuggly dressing gown, pj's, fluffy socks.... an ole cup of tea and some scoffs then snuggle into bed for greys anatomy and desperate housewives :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TwoBirds

Cook a pizza, maybe light some candles, and watch thousands of versions of the same song on Youtube - and if my scabby housemates aren't home, turn the heating up full blast. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I've been jamming on my guitar a lot more lately which has been making me super happy. I love sitting alone and just reading a book or watching a new movie. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I would love to have some ME time. I haven't had an hour to myself in about 2 years. I'd probably sleep some, write a bit, catch up on a load of TV, drink some beer... healthy stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

We should organise a Ladies Lounge pyjama party :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Me in my pyjamas with the dog, curled up in front of the fire watching crap telly and nommering on Pringles and chocolate. Kick the boyfriend out with his mates and just have some me time with my crap reality tv recordings that he hates. I had one of those nights lastnight, it was bliss :)

Advertisement