Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus NTL sucks

• 07-03-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14 MifPT

I'm a Chorus customer for a while now and it really sucks the way they treat customers.
    When they did the installation I was really bad treated. They cut the antenna cable without asking, so I stop having TV on other room but the leaving room.
    Broke my pictures I had over the fire place.
    When I tried to complain, without earing my complain first, started to complain about me !!!

Now, they have changed the internet speed to 30MB. My contract was made to 12MB and I'm paying 42Euro. So I though they would change the speed to 30MB (or at least I would pay 32Euro for the 15MB).
    NO WAY! I have to pay 42Euro AND get 12MB (theoretic speed) since ACTUALLY the speed is around 9MBPS.

So everyone I know if asked about Chorus NTL UPS it SUCKS !!
    I was SmartIT client and at least I was better treated.

MifPT
    (Chorus NTL client unfortunately)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

My NTL rates have just increased by 2 euro.

Also they stopped sending me out bills without telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MifPT

Yes. you need to send them an email telling that you want to receive the paper bill.
    The phone only works on office days and hours.

MifPT

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

your speed shoul have been upgraded to 15mb...and thats 32 e a month have you rang up?

Yes I have rang them.
    If I sign a contact to stick with them for 1 year (from now), immediately I will be upgraded to the 30MB.
    If not it will be upgraded "eventually" in a couple of months...

MifPT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > Broadband

• Advertisement

MifPT wrote: »
    I'm a Chorus customer for a while now and it really sucks the way they treat customers.
    When they did the installation I was really bad treated. They cut the antenna cable without asking, so I stop having TV on other room but the leaving room.
    Broke my pictures I had over the fire place.
    When I tried to complain, without earing my complain first, started to complain about me !!!

Now, they have changed the internet speed to 30MB. My contract was made to 12MB and I'm paying 42Euro. So I though they would change the speed to 30MB (or at least I would pay 32Euro for the 15MB).
    NO WAY! I have to pay 42Euro AND get 12MB (theoretic speed) since ACTUALLY the speed is around 9MBPS.

So everyone I know if asked about Chorus NTL UPS it SUCKS !!
    I was SmartIT client and at least I was better treated.

MifPT
    (Chorus NTL client unfortunately)

Why would they cut the antenna cable for your TV if they were installing broadband? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

Yes I have rang them.
    If I sign a contact to stick with them for 1 year (from now), immediately I will be upgraded to the 30MB.
    If not it will be upgraded "eventually" in a couple of months...

MifPT

don't see anything wrong with that. if u wanted the upgrade early, if not you will get it with no new contract, when they upgrade your area.

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    don't see anything wrong with that. if u wanted the upgrade early, if not you will get it with no new contract, when they upgrade your area.

So, it's fine pay 42Euro for 10MBPs in the same company where others are paying 32Euro for 15MBPs for a vague period of time, until God knows when.

Ok. I see the logic ... NOT :D

MifPT

why did you not get the previous upgrade? the 12Mb line was upgraded to 20Mb July or so 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

which package are you on

are you on the 20mb pack and are only receiving 10mb (could be due to contention)

the upgrades are supposed to be do this month.

• Advertisement

I have UPC Broadband Ultra.
    It is supposed to be 12MBPs, really get 9.9 in a good day, sometimes get nothing (also the TV goes blank).
    But, what can we do? Things are as they are.

I don't understand how you are on 12 Mb package, that was changed to 20 around end of summer 2008. Is there a reason you did not get upgraded to 20 Mb?

Don't know.

Also I didn't know the costumers needed to verify the speed AND check the ISP site to see if they had the proper speed AND also, request the upgrade.

Personally it doesn't make any sense.

If a company cares for his costumers, simply could send a letter/email offering a better service. This is what happened to me when I had Smart Telecom (and No, Smart Telecom doesn't cover my area with the same speed :( )

MifPT

Ok, Now I've received a call from NTL giving me congratulations for my long period as a costumer.
    Because of that I will have an upgrade to 24MBps.
    "The only hing you have to do is to disconnect and reconect your equipment".

Happy days, I done it !! I followed the instructions. Results=None, same speed, around 9MBps.
    Tried several times with the same result. Tried to reset the modem & router with the same result.
    Ok, fine. I called the tech support and a guy came to my place.
    After several tests, complained about the router. This was the reason (he said).

THE ROUTER WAS SUPPLIED BY NTL !!!

But ok, I'm a paciente guy. Removed the router and connected directly to the modem. Indeed the speed was 20MBps...
    I was happy again (not for long)....

Was 20MBps during that afternoon.
    Tested again on the evening and it was 6MBPS !!!!!

So, the end result is that I'm paying a 30MBPS and getting 6MBPS.

STAY AWAT FROM THE NTL

Except if (like my case) is the only one that gives you more speed than the competition. The only worst option would be EIRCOM.

If in case of doubt check the following link:
    http://isadub.com/blog/2006/09/05/ntl-ireland-sucks/
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If in case of doubt check the following link:
    http://isadub.com/blog/2006/09/05/ntl-ireland-sucks/
    :mad:

That link dates back 4 years, hardly conclusive any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm confused you pay for 30mb but they upgraded you to 24mb?

Advertisement