Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless range

Options
  • 07-03-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭

hi i am wondering if any one out there can give me some ideas on how to extend my network range i have tried different parts of the house for the router but there is always some room where i cant pick up the connection. i up graded from a bt 2110 to a netgear n 150 and i think its got worse so any good ideas would be helpfull

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

If your router has physical aerials its worth knowing that the wifi field is projected perpendicularly to the aerial so it you have a tall multi-story house your aerials should be flat and if you have a flat single story house your aerials should be upright. Other than that you can build various tinfoil gizmos to redirect the signal to distant parts of the house e.g. - this is the first one I came accross on Google:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Wi-Fi-Extender/
    I have not tried this myself (yet) ;)

Advertisement