Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sitemap / google crawler problem

Options
  • 07-03-2010 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

i have just finished a website for a small local business and want to get google to recognise it. i have entered the url into google and it told me to create and upload a sitemap.xml file which is in the same directory as the website. yet google still has not picked up the site. in the sitemap tool box it says that there are 22 urls but none of them are indexed?
    could someone give me a hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Moved from development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

When did you complete the site ?

It can take anything up to a month for Google to get around to checking a new site.

And it also depends on how the site is implemented as to whether it will index it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could announce the site on Irish Press Releases.
    That site seems to be crawled by Google very regularly and I have had new sites appear in Google index within hours of the press release (obviously your experience may vary).

As Liam Byrne said, how the site is implemented could be a factor - can you post a link to the site?

Advertisement