Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam and BC2...

Options
  • 07-03-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering has anybody who downloaded the game via steam been able to play the multiplayer???

As I am still getting the "check your connection error".

I hate this crap, all I wanna do is kill people...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I'm afraid that while some Steam users are still having problems, a lot are managing to play the game (though with other type of disconnection probs that affect everyone).

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Most of the TiG guys all have the game via steam, and no major problems reported at all, bar the usual EA Master Servers login probs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Evd--You on Eircom??
    Go into the router setting and turn off the firewall and see if that helps.Seems to have helped my random disconnects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

works fine for me now and i downloaded with steam. as mentioned turn off firewalls and anti-virus. But dont forget to turn them back on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Got it off steam and not able to play online yet for various issues which im still working through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Everytime i try launch it, it says "Game not available". Bah

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

B0X wrote: »
    Everytime i try launch it, it says "Game not available". Bah

You using the "play now" button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Tried turning off the firewall, the error goes away but yet nothing actually happends :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

thats because the master-server is down again for a lot of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Got on a two different servers now :O
    But after a few minutes I get disconnected not just from EA... but my ISP seems to cut off also and I cant get online for 5-10 minutes ... weird.

Im on UPC in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Got on a two different servers now :O
    But after a few minutes I get disconnected not just from EA... but my ISP seems to cut off also and I cant get online for 5-10 minutes ... weird.

Im on UPC in Kildare

In leixlip with UPC too no probs from them or the game but their is obviously something affecting people. You haven't gotten a Punkbuster error>?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

No PB errors.... just had a 1 - 2 hour session on TiG server no errors / disconnects / no lag

Advertisement