Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton v Hull

• 07-03-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Arteta opened the scoring (great to see him back).

The Yak then missed a peno. Very poor effort.

Hull just equalised with a stunning volley from one of the young fellas.

Really good game so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

2-1 Arteta again

Commentator: "That was beautifully crafted"

*cuts to Arteta's missus clapping*

"And I'm not just talking about her"

She was quite tidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Andy and Martin completely jinxed the penalty with all their arse licking.
    Arteta just scored. 2-1.
    C'mon 4-1 to Everton!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I've always loved Arteta. Cracking player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Brilliant from Arteta, would be great to see him get a hattrick after everything. Hull can't handle his passing game at all today, this game is made for him.

Woeful from Yakubu, he really just doesn't give a crap about this club and you can see it in every one of his performances.

2-1 HT, but this game really should be over as a contest, again Everton not putting teams away.

I can't believe we started with Anichebe, with Bily, Donovan, Rodwell and Gosling all on the bench. It defies all logic. If he is subbed off soon (regardless of who comes on) I expect us to win this 4 or 5-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I've always loved Arteta. Cracking player.

Would be an amAzing signing for United, exactly the guile, craft and passing ability their midfield lacks. Will take Rodwell with any spare change as well.:pac:

• Advertisement

Columbia wrote: »
    Brilliant from Arteta, would be great to see him get a hattrick after everything. Hull can't handle his passing game at all today, this game is made for him.

Woeful from Yakubu, he really just doesn't give a crap about this club and you can see it in every one of his performances.

2-1 HT, but this game really should be over as a contest, again Everton not putting teams away.

I can't believe we started with Anichebe, with Bily, Donovan, Rodwell and Gosling all on the bench. It defies all logic. If he is subbed off soon (regardless of who comes on) I expect us to win this 4 or 5-1.

:pac: And he puts one in the net

Ruled offside though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

flahavaj wrote: »
    Would be an amAzing signing for United, exactly the guile, craft and passing ability their midfield lacks. Will take Rodwell with any spare change as well.:pac:

Why united ? Arteta is a great signing to ANY team.

Another cross by Arteta. Myhill misses and Garcias puts it in for an OG. 3-1.

The Beeb's live commentary reckons Arteta might have a case for claiming it, would be great if he got it accredited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

PCPhoto wrote: »
    Why united ? Arteta is a great signing to ANY team.

True, but I don't support any old team.;)

• Advertisement

Pienaar has been very impressive.

Please, just one more goal come on Everton, hopefully Donovan can go something.

Oh, ffs Yakubu.:mad:

Who has missed more sitters this weekend, Yakubu or Nicklas Bendtner?

baz2009 wrote: »
    Please, just one more goal come on Everton, hopefully Donovan can go something.

Ya beaut!:D

God DAMN IT, my stream died and I missed the goal, but apparently it was a sweet one.

If Landon Donovan isn't an Everton player after this summer then it will be shocking, shocking business by the club.

5-1 now :D

5-1.

Rodwell. Everton are a real quality team.

Columbia wrote: »
    God DAMN IT, my stream died and I missed the goal, but apparently it was a sweet one.

If Landon Donovan isn't an Everton player after this summer then it will be shocking, shocking business by the club.

What can they do? LA Galaxy are a very rich club, bidding for him won't work unless it's a very high bid. Everton don't really have funds to bid that much. They need to get Landon to want to leave.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    They need to get Landon to want to leave.

I believe he does want to leave, he's practically said as much on at least two occasions in the media.

I believe Donovan needs to feel "at home" to play his best football, hence his complete failure to impress in Germany.

Chelsea and whoever can bid all they like but Landon isn't going to agree to join them. He's at home here and in the MLS, he can either play out his career over there or have one last shot at the bigtime in Europe. I know which one I'd be gunning for.

FT, 5-1. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

landon definately sounds like he wants to stay in the interview after the match. pretty comical considering the **** he gave beckham when he tried to extend his stay at AC Milan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

better than sex that was

Mr Alan wrote: »
    landon definately sounds like he wants to stay in the interview after the match. pretty comical considering the **** he gave beckham when he tried to extend his stay at AC Milan.

thats true, but he obviously loves the scouse lifestyle huh...:)

if Everton were not shoite for 3 months, we would be contnetion for an elusive sky 4 spot for sure..

thanks joeleon..

Indeed, this must be one of the problems he has facing him, he really did make a big stink over the whole thing. But whatever, if it is what he wants then he'll just have to suck it up and admit he was wrong, apologise if he hasn't done so already.
    thats true, but he obviously loves the scouse lifestyle huh...:)

if Everton were not shoite for 3 months, we would be contnetion for an elusive sky 4 spot for sure..

thanks joeleon..

Annoying isn't it? Even if we had just been bad instead of abysmal, and picked up an extra 3-5 points over that time, we'd be in with a fantastic shot, but it's not meant to be.

post morten for the blues is quite striagtforward.

keep the artetas, rodwells, piennears, cahills et al

flog yakubu, aside from the peno- doesnt look like we are getting much from him.

donovan, lets hope the mls doesnt go ahead, but then ching ching $$$$$ from the arabs or wealthy russians will take him no doubt.

the squad at Everton is the best for a long time certainly the best team since the likes of the perpetual motion and co took charge..;)

no cahill and no mr elbows today and omens are good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

was thinking the exact same thing watching the interview :D

he has done himself no harm with his performances during his time here, im sure he woulod have a few offers if he does become available

Donovan post-match interview;

"There is a chance of the loan deal being extended. We will know more this week. If that’s it I’m glad to score on my final appearance but we will have just to wait and see. I have had a fantastic time here."

However, the rest of this season doesn't hold much for us, so I'm not especially excited at this. Next August is when I really want to see Landon back at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

better than sex that was

To quote the great entertainer Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - ye must be doing it wrong :)

Advertisement