Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garand?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 6:00pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On day one i had the garand, since then its gone.
    I realise its affecting a lot of players but on various forums im hearing conflicting answers.
    Some say you need BF veteran which i have,some say you need limited edition which i also have ,others say it will be a dlc.
    Anyone know anything about it?

I can use the other limited edition items no problem,i didnt need to unlock any of them ,i had the thompson from day one.
    The garand seems to be a mystery and nothing from dice about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never had it supposed to tho :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Same as Cully.

Used it for a round or 2 then it was gone. Fairy mentioned that it may have something to do with redeeming the code for that extra content that came with the SE. Fits as I didn't use the code until I had a round or 2 first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You get the Garand for being vet 2 or higher. The unlock code gets you the Thompson and M1911. There's been quite a few people reporting issues with this. Seems to be broken currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah i never had the rifle, but did get that Thompson which is crap. Might aswell throw the thing at them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Spear wrote: »
    You get the Garand for being vet 2 or higher. The unlock code gets you the Thompson and M1911. There's been quite a few people reporting issues with this. Seems to be broken currently.

Vet 1 or higher.

You reg 2 games to become vet 1. Its stupid!

As for me I can see it in my Unlocks in the main screen but its not around in game for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Theta wrote: »
    Vet 1 or higher.

You reg 2 games to become vet 1. Its stupid!

As for me I can see it in my Unlocks in the main screen but its not around in game for some reason!

I suspect you're right. I can't find where I saw it needed vet 2 anymore, and I see more people saying vet 1 is enough.

Well I am Vet 2 and I have the unlock redeem codes enetered and no rifle....not that I would actually use it but still. This is like Empire Total War all over again.....:confused:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well I am Vet 2 and I have the unlock redeem codes enetered and no rifle....not that I would actually use it but still. This is like Empire Total War all over again.....:confused:

In your weapons and gadgets page, the Garand should be lit up with a space for the proficiency star. That means it's unlocked. The fact that you can't use it then is due to the master/stats issues.

Yeah it confused me too I registered one game and my vet rank was still 0 so I registered another and it became one.

Spear wrote: »
    In your weapons and gadgets page, the Garand should be lit up with a space for the proficiency star. That means it's unlocked. The fact that you can't use it then is due to the master/stats issues.

Yeah, as far as I know its highlighted but cannot select it. But here is the thing, when it does get fixed I am level 25 I will not want to use the ****in thing as I will have a light saber or something then......

It would have been lovely having it rank 1 and 2 to get have an accuracy advantage.....but nooooo that would be well....normal. And steam dont do normal. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And steam dont do normal. :rolleyes:

Well its EA's problem more then steams!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah i never had the rifle, but did get that Thompson which is crap. Might aswell throw the thing at them :mad:
    Loving the Thompson. Made great use of it in the beta, and using it a lot in the full release. Loved it since Wolfenstein, tbh :P

Yeah but you like it mate because of the history it has for you from previous games....but as an actual weapon in BFBC2 it sucks. Its chunky and the recticle is oversized and the mag clip is very small....IIRC.

Yeah but you like it mate because of the history it has for you from previous games....but as an actual weapon in BFBC2 it sucks. Its chunky and the recticle is oversized and the mag clip is very small....IIRC.

Its not that bad. Its a very short range weapon though and the clip holds 30 rounds so its the same as most other SMGs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The R7 server software just released which should be up and running everywhere over the weekend fixes the problem of the missing Garand for all Vet1+ players.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

i like the garand, it seems strangely short range though. :(

Its a super rifle that would have been very good at the earlier ranks...cant be arsed using it anymore then I did tonite. Not a bit of recoil from the BEAST all the same.

Advertisement