Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted : Part : Giant NRS Bushing

• 07-03-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Name: Bushing from lower end of Giant NRS 2 (2004) Head Tube.

The head tube is approximately 5cm in diameter (bushing is slightly smaller).

The part I need fits snugly into the lower end of the head tube of the frame below. It's an aluminium ring with a chamfer at the top and a flange around the bottom:

GiantNRS.jpg

I don't need to keep this part, just borrow it (please see back story below), but I would be willing to negotiate a price.

Backstory:
    My head set became loose recently. This bushing was very worn and no longer fit into the head tube snugly.

The cause is probably distortion of the frame in that area, however, I would really like to check it with a servicable bushing before giving up on a frame that has served me so well. So I'm looking for one of these bushings anyone might have lying around.

I can collect in the Dublin area, and as I said, I just want to check the fit, but I can buy the part if needs be.

Thanks a lot folks,
    b.a.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

is the bike fitted with the cane creek or Dia Compe headset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 B.A.

Hi D20903

It's an FSA headset, which seems very similar to the Cane Creek setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

OK, the problem will be the headset itself & not the frame insert that you describe in the original post.

I think I have one knocking around (2nd hand) - I'm in Dublin; let me know if its any good to you.

Thanks for getting back to me.

When you say you have one knocking around, do you mean an insert, or a headset? In any case, I need both if the frame isn't distorted.

This is new to me but I thought the problem was either the frame or the insert (or both) because the insert is loose when I try to install it in the frame.

Heading off to Spain for a year so I wont be needing these parts any time soon, if at all. Cheers anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement