Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can i get a VW engine??

• 07-03-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

just been told i need a new engine for my 02 VW 1.4 16v Golf..
    just wondering does any1 no where i can get 1 as i dont have a clue:o am based in the midlands..thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

partfinder.ie have some listed all around the country

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

This guy breaks cars - might look out for one for you:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1132567

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

What's wrong with the engine? Would want to be something really serious for it to need replacing on an '02 Polo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What's wrong with the engine? Would want to be something really serious for it to need replacing on an '02 Polo!

It's a Golf the OP has not a Polo and that 1.4 litre engine is known for being poor and is not very reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a Golf the OP has not a Polo and that 1.4 litre engine is known for being poor and is not very reliable.

And it's 8 years old now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭mikewest

If you are in the midlands does that mean you are close to Mullingar, then try Mullingar breakers beside the railway station (ignorant as fcuk but always have a good selection). Ring round the local breakers, somebody has bound to be a rwepr and totalled their newer 1.4 golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give Traynors up North a call. Also that engine was used in the Bora, Seat Leon and Skoda Octavia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Biffo, my nephew has two engines. you need to get one with the right 3 letter engine code.

one is for sale on e bay with an hour to go, if you are at your computer. this one is BCA code.

the other is AHW, still in car, speedo shows 45 k miles

Rugbyman

Advertisement