Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financing a postgrad

Options
  • 07-03-2010 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I did a search on this but didn't find anything so forgive me if this is a recurring topic!

Has anyone any info on grants or funding from our wonderful government and their banks if someone is doing a postgrad in the EU but not the Ireland and the UK?

I have been looking but it's seems that if you want to study out of Ireland or the UK your tuition fees are reduced but there isn't much else help.

Am I missing something??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

The best bet is to write to groups you are interested in joining and they'll provide information on the funding available there. I have briefly talked to a lecturer in Switzerland (only really to appease my supervisor who thinks I need to emigrate to grow as a person) and she sent me an email with a link to funding options, but I can't remember them offhand. And some groups might have their own funding so you wouldn't need the hassle of applying separately!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

I have heard about this Marie Curie thing for EU jobs but am not sure if it covers Postgrads too, it is worth a look. Just Google 'Marie Curie Portal' and its the first Option Euraxess.

Are you looking on the likes of jobs.ac.uK? they list PhD opportunities and all are funded in some way or another

Advertisement