Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going on the dole?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭TMH

mikom wrote: »
    But let's be realistic, how many journalists are there in the country looking for work.
    What sort of a portfolio you got?
    Do you blog?

I didn't come on here to have my journalistic credentials scrutinised, thanks very much!
    You may well be right, thanks for the career advice.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Keith2010!

mikom wrote: »
    Investigative journalism was it?
    Lets say I am fortunate enough to have had the experience from the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

TMH wrote: »
    Is it so hilarious that I'm looking for help with this? All well and good if I do get a job upon finishing my course, but let's be realistic, the country's a mess.
    Emmigration is a serious possibility for me right now, and I'd rather try my luck here before I have to resort to that. If that means drawing the dole for a while, then I think I'm entitled to do so, and I think I'm entitled to ask for the opinon of you guys on here, don't you agree? :eek:

I never said you weren't entitled to ask for an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Keith2010! wrote: »
    Lets say I am fortunate enough to have had the experience from the inside.

Prison?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

And even if I hadn't done so, I'm entitled to government support if I fall on hard times as much as anyone else is.

That you are, mon amie. No offence intended, hopefully none taken. G'luck.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Keith2010!

Well i dont know could you go as far and say that working in the public sector is prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭TMH

That you are, mon amie. No offence intended, hopefully none taken. G'luck.:)

No worries bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Three pages in and not one mention of dole scroungers, dole being too much/ to easy to get, too many immigrants - what's going on???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I'll be finishing a Masters in May, and don't want to have to move back home. But in order to survive until I can find a job (and who knows how long that'll take) I'm going to have to apply for the Jobseeker's Allowance.
    With all the talk of huge backlogs, how am I going to manage until my application is processed?
    People that need the dole are obviously in dire financial straits. How are they supposed to support themselves while their applications are being processed?
    I'm in Dublin btw.

Any advice or help from people that have been in a similar situation will be much appreciated.

[Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but couldn't find one that seemed to fit this query. Feel free to move it]

You might get more answers if thsi is moved to State benefits section.

As another poster said go see your local CWO in your local HSE Health Centre.

JSA takes about 6 weeks to process which is means tested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭IrishManSaipan

Truley wrote: »
    Three pages in and not one mention of dole scroungers, dole being too much/ to easy to get, too many immigrants - what's going on???? :confused:

Sunny Sundays tend to bring about a sense of tranquility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Truley wrote: »

*sits up out of his lazy boy to say* SSSHhhhhhh:rolleyes::P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement