Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin ADSL modem & wireless G router

Options
  • 07-03-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have an on going problem with this product which is annoying my sh*te.

I have a desktop upstairs connected to the router with a belkin usb network utility. In addition, the missus has a samsung netbook, and a wirelss radio that we use.

The problem is that the desktop wirless connection keeps dropping and everytime it does I have to unplug the router (from the power) downstairs to kick start it.

The wireless radio also suffers from the same problem where it drops and I have to unplug the power to strart the reception.

The netbook doesn't work off the wirelss network, the message indicates that there is limited or no connectivity with the netwrok, despite the PC upstairs working. The problem here may be related to the IP address, plus windows XP may not like the belkin usb adaptor/wirelss utility upstairs.

The router is only new and I didn't have the problem with the eircom dsl box previous. I am tempted to get rid of the belkin router.

Before I do, any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance......

finisklin

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried changing the wireless channel? have you checked to see if there are any other wireless networks around you? (netstumbler) why did you change from the Eircom router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Will look at changing the channel.....only one other network nearby and it is secured. I have my network secured as well, not sure if this is connected to wireless dropping....

The eircom router collapsed....it was 6 years old! Fought a brave battle and served me well.....Belkin now that's another matter!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Tried changing the channel.... connection is still dropping....

Any ideas.....

finisklin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Turn off the security and change the name of the wireless network (to ensure that the client devices don't try to continue using a password) and see how that goes.

This obviously isn't a long-term solution, but will help in troubleshooting.

Advertisement