Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending Lease Early

Options
  • 07-03-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭

Hey, Just need advice, Had to give my notice on our apartment six months into the lease, due to circumstances beyond my own control.
    Upon talking to our estate agents they advised we need to give 28 days notice. So we did. However I notice this is 6 days into a new month. As we are losing our deposit (And I will not argue it) does this mean we have to pay for the whole month even though we are only going to be there 6 days (well we wont be there but its the 28 days notice) or just pay for a week? even though we paid monthly??

Hope that makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

just pay the 6 days

It's never been a problem with us.

(monthly rent x 12 / 365 x 6 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Thanks for that Xiney, was hoping that may be the case! Trailed the internet last night but couldn't find an answer!

Advertisement