Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manners!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,267 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

i work in storm Cinema so dont talk to me about ignorant stupied people lol. Could write a comedy movie about half the stuff lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm afraid not though, I have worked in a number of retail units, varying size and who it sells too.

And NOWHERE even comes close to the level of assholeness you get in Superquinn. I was there maybe 4 years and some things actually annoy me today if I think about them.

The staff in Superquinn I think are the nicest to customers in the city, granted they are paid to be but the fact remains.

I stand corrected , I'm lucky enough not to have to visit these stores very often , once or twice a year in fact , :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Never liked the Hyper but needs must (sometimes) but have to say there are excepetions and I have met a few really nice people, but sadly these kind of folk don't seem to stay around too long.:(

How the regular staff get away with for soo long....beggars belief.

I regularly see one of the Bakery staff always stocking the shelves with no gloves on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tommytoofar

Sadly in my job, I have to go in and do all the work for them in the HYper, nae choice on the matter. Some of the shelfstackers are quite friendly,and the managers are nice people but I honestly dont know how the ones on the front desk get away with being so lacking in the manners department. I think they must have watertight contracts or summat, the dirty looks I got when packing the fridge off a couple of them today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

On the self service check outs in Tesco, just after the coinstar machine came in (the machine you put all your coin and it charges you 10% to count it) we had a good few people paying for big items in small coins.

One night about 9:50, one lady picked up a food processor for €100 and paid in coins at the self service.

She then went over to customer service and got a refund for the food processor, in 2 crisp €50 notes, skipping the 10% charge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Have to agree with everyone else, ive been saying for years that the staff in the hyper are appalling.They spend more time gosspping among themselves then serving customers.Why management havent cottoned on to them by now is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    On the self service check outs in Tesco, just after the coinstar machine came in (the machine you put all your coin and it charges you 10% to count it) we had a good few people paying for big items in small coins.

One night about 9:50, one lady picked up a food processor for €100 and paid in coins at the self service.

She then went over to customer service and got a refund for the food processor, in 2 crisp €50 notes, skipping the 10% charge!!

Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

I do slaes and merchandising for a rather large company in Svalu the Hyper and I find the women on the tills by the sweets painful. Feel as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit. The bitches baely lift a finger to help themselves and naer a please, thank you or any form of niceties or chat, unless you`re a local. I hate working in FMCG!!!!
    what company do ya work for??? am in that area meself FMCG that is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

ziedth wrote: »
    And NOWHERE even comes close to the level of assholeness you get in Superquinn. I was there maybe 4 years and some things actually annoy me today if I think about them.

I worked there for about 4 years when it opened first! It was a brilliant place to work(i was only part-time) but yea, there was a serious amount of ignorant people shopping there. One fella in particular,ill never forget it, goes in there every week just LOOKING for stuff that is wrong or out of date or not up to his standards and then finds the closest staff member and shouts at them. He is a P***K! Ive seen him since in tesco.

dont even talk to me about the crazyness of people at xmas time!You would swear the place was closing for a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I prob just about missed ya,

It was 2004 when I started! But great staff and place to work although allot changed when fergal Quinn left.

Xmass was crazy, I was in the butchers for the most part and I mean there could be a que of 10-30 people (most of them pricks) all day for 14 hours. No break nothing , great laugh with the staff though!

I think somewhere else that needs to mentioned for manners of the staff is in brunch. I used to go there for a coffee and I felt the girls are always lovely in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Genius.

oops should have said nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I like shopping in Superquinn but wouldn't shop there every week maybe about once a fortnight. There is one member of staff there that is so rude and unhelpful. She's an auld wan who goes out of her way to be unhelpful. I've heard other people on about her too. If I get to the checkouts and see her I wont queue at her checkout.

I haven't had any problems with any other staff there and find them good.

My 1st choice to shop is Ardkeen Quality Foodstores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

For the life of me I can't think who that could be but I guess it has been like going on three years since I was working there.

I couldn't imagine the woman staying to much longer in that area cause they take customer complaints down there fairly serious and there are a few customers down there that would def complain if somone wasn't helpful.

Advertisement