Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good spots for a session?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Myself and the girls are heading westh Easter weekend and are looking for any good suggestions for the Saturday night, as in places, pubs, clubs to go to? Oh and a good spot for dinner too, thanks all!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

A lot of the better pub's are in the Quay St and Cross St areas. The Front Door, Busker's Browns and The King's Head are all in this general vicinity. I myself don't go up past Shop St towards Eyre Sq very often, I find it to be a degree rougher than other parts of the town, especially after the ciub's and pub's start clearing out,although The Cellar Bar is a decent spot for tunage, if your into that!

Down the west is pretty good to, that,s Dominick St area, you will find Massimo, The blue note and The Roisin Dubh down that side of town.

Check out the link below where you'll find Street maps and links to the pubs I've named above. With regard to restaurants there are lots of good places to eat in, it depends on whatever is your preferred style.

Feel free to ask me any specifics and enjoy your visit to the whest:)

The best pubs are in the cross street/quay street area as mentioned above. The Front door, Buskers, The Dail and the Dew drop are all good pubs and all close together.

Halo is your best bet for a club and is also close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

What age group?

What's your idea of a good pub?

What are your musical tastes?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Its for a 30th birthday celebration..
    All music tastes really as there's a mixed age group..
    there's quite a large crowd coming from Tipp and the UK...

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Its for a 30th birthday celebration..
    All music tastes really as there's a mixed age group..
    there's quite a large crowd coming from Tipp and the UK...

Def head to Halo in that case.. Safe bet. Where to go beforehand, maybe downstair Kellys to get the craic flowin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

pubs: the kings head have bands in there sometimes, living room and bar 903 .

clubs: halo, or cuba. i dont think cps will be open till the 2nd week of april.

dont forget to go to supermacs afterwards for a snackbox ;)

enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

No CPs is opening this weekend but I'd imagine it's gonna be wedged!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Would ye really send a bunch of 30-ish folks to Halo or CPs??? Won't they just get annoyed tripping over kids who're barely old enough to be there?

I'd say the Quays, Buskers, Front Door, maybe even Kellys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The regular users of this forum have really grown up - I'm so proud!

10 posts in and no mention of the Stage Door :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15 The Bug

Not Halo anyway. No clubs in Galway are gonna suit people in the late 20's or 30's. Go for a late bar like Kings Head (on shop st, its busy but its a nice pub) or if your smokers head to the Blue Note near Dominic Street best smoking area. Quay St has load of places to drink - Front Dar, Dáil, Buskers, Quays...all very very busy on a Sat night.

As for food Abolone or Oscars are both gorgeous but on the more expensive side. Or Cava is a tapas bar which would be good if there's a nice crowd of ye. These are all on Dominic St and you'd really need to book them today if ye want a table.
    If your looking for somewhere nice but cheaper Milano's (pizza) is near Quay St. Or there's a lovely Indian called Tulsi which is off Shop St.

• Advertisement
Advertisement