Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dog Box ?

Options
  • 07-03-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Recently had t get a new dog box for our 1 year old border collie and he wont take to the new box any ideas ?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

joekeville wrote: »
    Recently had t get a new dog box for our 1 year old border collie and he wont take to the new box any ideas ?

Thank You
    when you put him in it give him a treat / praise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

i woudnt really like t force him in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Try feeding him in the kennel and then he will associate the kennel with something nice.
    He will realise that going in there is good and he gets a nice reward when he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I remember getting a new box for one of my dogs before and he wouldn't take to it, I had just broken up the old one and hadn't got around to dumping it. I was able to take the old base of hardboard, cut it to size and place it in the new one. He slept in the new box that night and until the end of his days. Have you anything left of the old one? Does the dog have a favourite blanket you can place in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

he does have a pice of carpet he likes t mess around with .

• Advertisement
Advertisement