Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 x 440ml Grolsch for €5

• 07-03-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Was in O'Briens tonight and the guy working there said that in and around Paddys Day they'll be selling the 10x boxes of Grolsch for €5! Not on sale yet, but thought people would appreciate the heads up.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Cianos wrote: »
    Was in O'Briens tonight and the guy working there said that in and around Paddys Day they'll be selling the 10x boxes of Grolsch for €5! Not on sale yet, but thought people would appreciate the heads up.
    Bloody hell, if that's right it's a HELL of a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

400ml...sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Didn't think they did a 400ml bottle... is that the 470ml swing-top bottle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

That would be some deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

JHMEG wrote: »
    Didn't think they did a 400ml bottle... is that the 470ml swing-top bottle?

Sorry, it's actually the 440ml cans, made a mistake with the 400ml. So, even better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Sorry, it's actually the 440ml cans, made a mistake with the 400ml. So, even better :D

I'd say it will be the watered down 440 ml cans @ 4%, similar to the 10 packs of becks vier and Stella that are going for 7 quid at the min. Still at 5 euro! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I'd say it will be the watered down 440 ml cans @ 4%, similar to the 10 packs of becks vier and Stella that are going for 7 quid at the min. Still at 5 euro! Amazing!

Nope, it's the full 5% - starts this Thursday.

Wineman wrote: »

Sounds too good to be true! Do u know if there's a catch? Are they about to go out if date? I think I'll be sticking up on these babies..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes, they are handy "fridge packs", they fit nicely on my shelf, they were 2x10packs for something like €16 a while ago. 440ml is a great size for a can.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Those 440ml cans are the UK standard and lager sold in the UK is complete sh|te. Brits really don't give a sh|t about the taste of their booze. They don't even bother asking for a drink in the pub by name. It's always "bitter", "stout" or "lager". They don't care what they've given.

Got the 10x440ml Becks Vier and was one of the worst drinking experiences I've ever had.

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    Those 440ml cans are the UK standard and lager sold in the UK is complete sh|te. Brits really don't give a sh|t about the taste of their booze. They don't even bother asking for a drink in the pub by name. It's always "bitter", "stout" or "lager". They don't care what they've given.

Got the 10x440ml Becks Vier and was one of the worst drinking experiences I've ever had.

I think you've been watching too much Coronation street!

Yeah screw the UK with their thousands of locals brews, they obviously dont appreciate "great beers" like budweiser, heiniken and carlsberg :rolleyes:

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, they are handy "fridge packs", they fit nicely on my shelf, they were 2x10packs for something like €16 a while ago. 440ml is a great size for a can.

posted on B.A on 20/10/09 by extra_chillies:
    O'briens also have another deal which is landing in thier stores over the next day or so - its a 440ml Grolsch 5% can 10 pack which they are going to sell at €12.99 but for a limited period if you buy 2 packs you get it for €20 - thats 20 cans of really great juice for €20. - was in one of their stores last night and one of the staff gave me the haeds up.
    Its much better than that Carlsberg 440ml can thats available in other places - i wouldn't wash my car with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    user_offline.gifreport.gif quote.gif
    so they were originally €12.99/10pack, then put on special, 2 x 10packs @€;20, so they are now half this price again! Amazing deal ! please please just don't be short dated stuff as I plan on stocking up big time!

so they were originally €12.99/10pack, then put on special, 2 x 10packs @€;20, so they are now half this price again! Amazing deal ! please please just don't be short dated stuff as I plan on stocking up big time!

Let me know what O'Briens you'll be at so I can go to the next one :D

It's great to see these kinds of prices coming in, have always moaned about beer prices in Ireland while living in Berlin, but 50c a can is just about on par with prices over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone want to start taking bets before the "cheap booze = violence" brigade get on top of this?

Great BA though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

then put on special, 2 x 10packs @€;20,
    Yes, that was definitely it, I was wrong saying €16.
    anyone want to start taking bets before the "cheap booze = violence" brigade get on top of this?
    I am waiting for the poitin dealers to start burning down offies for undercutting them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I think you've been watching too much Coronation street!

Er no. Don't watch it. I have, however, worked in numerous bars and British people always ask for drinks like that. usually "LaRger and lime please m8"
    adamski8 wrote: »
    Yeah screw the UK with their thousands of locals brews, they obviously dont appreciate "great beers" like budweiser, heiniken and carlsberg :rolleyes:

Lol, the draught lager in UK pubs is complete sh|t. Maybe we've been to different parts of the place but it's always Carling, Becks Vier, Stella or something just as awful.
    At least over here the publicians(some of them anyway) make sure your beer is properly carbonized and chilled.

English lager is flat as errmmm pancakes.

Correction, starts Tuesday 16th March.:o

Correction, starts Tuesday 16th March.:o
    arrse

Lol, the draught lager in UK pubs is complete sh|t.
    Just like here. They have thousands of ales tho, we have one (and that one is pretty poor)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭mikewest

JHMEG wrote: »
    Just like here. They have thousands of ales tho, we have one (and that one is pretty poor)

Which one is that? Mcardles, O'Haras, Galway Hooker, Smithwicks, Rebel red, St Cuilan's, Belfast Ale, Clotworthy Dobbin ?

mikewest wrote: »
    Which one is that? Mcardles, O'Haras, Galway Hooker, Smithwicks, Rebel red, St Cuilan's, Belfast Ale, Clotworthy Dobbin ?

You missed a few, but that's not the point. Only one of those has nationwide distribution. Worse again find a single pub that has all of those. One pub in England could have 10 ales on tap, including guest ales. Pubs even get awarded the Cask Marque if they excel in beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

back OT: CHEAP booze! yaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!:D

so its defo next tuesday then? :(

adamski8 wrote: »
    so its defo next tuesday then? :(
    yep, I rang them to check...

My Dad just rang me there, he popped into O'Brien in Dun Laoighre and was told that this Grolsch offer is now being deferred for a month or so :mad::mad::mad:

Can any1 confirm?

My Dad just rang me there, he popped into O'Brien in Dun Laoighre and was told that this Grolsch offer is now being deferred for a month or so :mad::mad::mad:

Can any1 confirm?

A friend sent me a copy of their Paddys Day promotions email and there was no Grolsch on it :mad:

Doesn't mean it's not going ahead but not a good sign either

Can any1 confirm?

It will definitely be on sale @ €5 per pack on Tuesday 16th March. There will be limited stock though so it won't last long. It will be advertised on Tuesday morning in the Metro Herald.

Whoever told your Dad that in Dun laoghaire may have been confused as there is another incredible offer coming up on Grosch bottles at the beginning of April (around Easter time).

Whoever told your Dad that in Dun laoghaire may have been confused as there is another incredible offer coming up on Grosch bottles at the beginning of April (around Easter time).
    And what would that be may i ask? I'd much prefer the bottles

• Advertisement

It will definitely be on sale @ €5 per pack on Tuesday 16th March. There will be limited stock though so it won't last long. It will be advertised on Tuesday morning in the Metro Herald.

Pheeeew!! Will it be a max of so many per customer? I'm hoping to pick up 15 boxes:)

Word of warning, avoid the O'Briens at the Beacon...my friend has ordered 40 boxes :pac:

Can u order in advance like that in any branch ? I guess there will be no customer quotas so .. I hope for your mates sake that this grolsch offer isn't fir short dated stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Anyone know what time O'Briens is open on Tuesday? Gotta get this before college :D. Also, is Clontarf the nearest store to the city centre???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Aldito wrote: »
    Anyone know what time O'Briens is open on Tuesday? Gotta get this before college :D. Also, is Clontarf the nearest store to the city centre???

There's an Obriens on Mobhi Road in Glasnevin- quite handy if you go to college in DCU, otherwise not very.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Aldito wrote: »
    One in Donybrook also that may be handy enough depending what part of town you're in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I was in O'Briens in Athlone and friday and they had stacks of Grolsch, picked up 20 cans of Grolsch and 24 bottles of Crown for €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

DonJose2 wrote: »
    I was in O'Briens in Athlone and friday and they had stacks of Grolsch, picked up 20 cans of Grolsch and 24 bottles of Crown for €30.

At what price was the Grolsch?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Great deal!
    Word of warning, avoid the O'Briens at the Beacon...my friend has ordered 40 boxes :pac:

This I do not believe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

got some grolsch for 8 euro 10x440ml on friday as well...

Murilloinf wrote: »
    got some grolsch for 8 euro 10x440ml on friday as well...

Why didn't you just wait till Tuesday and get them for a 5er?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hollands

I BOUGHT 2 10X 440ML GROLSCH. IT COST 17.80 !! DONNYBROOK BRANCH

hollands wrote: »
    I BOUGHT 2 10X 440ML GROLSCH. IT COST 17.80 !! DONNYBROOK BRANCH

just rang the donnybrook branch there, they told me that this offer(10 cans for €5) does not start until Wednesday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Simona1986 wrote: »
    At what price was the Grolsch?

It was actually 20 cans of 440ml for €17.98 :o I just wanted the Carlton Crown at €19.99 for 24 bottles, the Grolsch was an impulse buy. I gotta start looking at receipts. In my defense the box of 20 assorted bottles of beer put me off my calculations :D

just rang the donnybrook branch there, they told me that this offer(10 cans for €5) does not start until Wednesday..
    :( worse news

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

They are a fiver but they're short-dated - Best Before 31st March.

They are a fiver but they're short-dated - Best Before 31st March.

Bah nit much use for stocking up so... I asked the dude on donnybrook yesterday specefically were they short dated to which he replied " no not at all they are fine".. Which branch did u see them in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn't go to a branch, just rang the head office!

Might pick up one or two (I actually like Grolsch) but won't be hoarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭drunk_monk

I can confirm that they have none, the guy ordered & picked up the whole batch. Stillorgan and Blackrock do have them but who knows for how long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

got 2 boxes today in parkway Limerick,,had a lot but the date is 31st march,,so hope the guy ordering the 40 boxes is having a party,,,and soon,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement