Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 x 440ml Grolsch for €5

2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

How long would beer keep after the best before date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

tantipie wrote: »
    so hope the guy ordering the 40 boxes is having a party,,,and soon,,,,,,,,,,,,:D

To be honest i hope he crashes the car on the way home, nothing too serious, just enough to make the beer non-consumable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

got 4 in city west. small cans but well worth a 5, they are brewed in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Whisko

Dont worry about these going out of date to much. Its not like beer ever really goes out of date. I doubt you would notice much of a differance drinking this in a years time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

got 4 in city west. small cans but well worth a 5, they are brewed in UK.

Anymore left in Citywest? Might drop down there in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

the manager said he had 2 pallets full so i am sure they will have some in citywest

the manager said he had 2 pallets full so i am sure they will have some in citywest

Thanks, I will be there by 5 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

58 posts and nobody has mentioned if they taste ok?

- Aint a bargain if its horrible UK brewed, flat, tasteless, pi55!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Murilloinf

for what my 2cent are worth, I didn't like it, the other one.. crowl something was way better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Raiser wrote: »
    58 posts and nobody has mentioned if they taste ok?

- Aint a bargain if its horrible UK brewed, flat, tasteless, pi55!!!!
    Jasus they only started selling it today, you expect people to have bought it and started drinking it before 5!

adamski8 wrote: »
    Jasus they only started selling it today, you expect people to have bought it and started drinking it before 5!

Lol - Yeah I did actually think of that - But come on, its St. Patricks Eve FFS!!!!!

- Come on Boards.ies crack a few cans and post back ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Just picked up 60 cans in bray for 30 quid. They had a whole stack of them left. Lad in the shop said they were going fast though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Went to Stillorgan which didn't have any left, they checked in Sandyford and Blackrock on their computer saying Blackrock had 130 cases left and Sandyford had 40 remaining. Didn't risk Sandyford, headed down to Blackrock where they had about half a pallet left with a sign limiting four to a customer. Had only been planning on getting two packs but got four in the end, a steal for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Got 100 cans for €50 in Athlone this morning at 10.30. A good few left. No limit on purchase. Tasting fine 5%. :D Unless air gets at beer takes a long time to go off. So don't be put off by self by date. They come in a very handy fridge pack.

got mine in glasnevin. plenty left but only got 2 packs myself.
    10euro for 8 guinness there so i got some of that too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

Can someone confirm what the price is supposed to be again? 5 Euro for 10 cans or 5 Euro for the 20 cans? Cos i walked out of O'Briens today with 80 cans that i paid 20 Euro for.

Told the guy i wanted 4 boxes, paid and then picked them up at the back of the shop. When i got home i realised that each box had 20 cans and not 10 in them.

gnolan wrote: »
    Can someone confirm what the price is supposed to be again? 5 Euro for 10 cans or 5 Euro for the 20 cans? Cos i walked out of O'Briens today with 80 cans that i paid 20 Euro for.

Told the guy i wanted 4 boxes, paid and then picked them up at the back of the shop. When i got home i realised that each box had 20 cans and not 10 in them.

Sounds like you caught them. Its €5 for 10 cans,but they are wrapped in two 10 packs. Well done! ;) If you are honest you could return them!

robber.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Picked up a couple in rathmines at about 7, they had 50 left. Tried rathgar first and guy said they had sold out in about 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Just picked a couple up in Glasnevin branch at 9-ish (beside Botanic Gardens)... seem to have a good few boxes left, apart from what might be out the back.
    The missus wants to go out tonight, but I'd rather.... hic.... stay in and.... hic... do some tasting research for ..... hic.... my fellow boardsies....

• Advertisement

HAHAHA you sly dog you!
    come on now you must have known when you got home, as you had to see there was two boxes wrapped up in each plastic wrapping.

Had few of them :)

Taste wise it may not be the best but not the worst either. Great value ;)

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Had few of them :)

Taste wise it may not be the best but not the worst either. Great value ;)

Well after 16 cans of this I've grown a 6th toe on my left foot thats not quite right - I call it Pinky and it has proven to be harmless enough while improving my balance on the way to the fridge.....

- Jehovah bless Boards.ie Bargain Alerts - Shalom!!!!

Raiser wrote: »
    Well after 16 cans of this I've grown a 6th toe on my left foot thats not quite right - I call it Pinky and it has proven to be harmless enough while improving my balance on the way to the fridge.....

- Jehovah bless Boards.ie Bargain Alerts - Shalom!!!!

Not quite reached to the stage yet but I am fantically working towards it :D

Grolsch is sound. If you can get some of this you won't be dissappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Found it very gassy but didn't taste too bad at all, especial after the first few, roll on tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

My local O'Briens didn't have ANY liquor of ANY kind!
    Just boxes and boxes of chocolates and Chocolate Easter eggs!
    The lady in the shop told me it was prob the "other" O'Briens up the street, so Off Gucky goes to the next O'Briens.........
    No beer there either! Sandwhiches only!

Are you sure it's O'Briens doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

gucky please say ur takin the p**s. surely you've heard of o'briens wines if you've heard of the sambo bar

tippguy wrote: »
    gucky please say ur takin the p**s. surely you've heard of o'briens wines if you've heard of the sambo bar

Lol, yeah Tippguy course Im messing.
    I did manage to get my hands on 20 cans yesterday for a tenner.
    Not bad, loads of better beers out there, but for fifty cent a can you'll hardly complain!

If anyones interested, I still swear by the 6 x Pint bottles of Frankfurter (aldi) or Perlenbacher (lidl) for just over 6euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

About to go to the Citywest one hopefully they have a good few cans left :D

• Advertisement

Davexirl wrote: »
    About to go to the Citywest one hopefully they have a good few cans left :D

If they have none left, scoot on down to Naas. They had a pallet yesterday evening (9pm ish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

wixfjord wrote: »
    Cianos wrote:
    Word of warning, avoid the O'Briens at the Beacon...my friend has ordered 40 boxes
    This I do not believe..

beercu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Still lots in Parkway, Limerick.
    How often can you walk out of an offie 10 yos lighter carryin' 20 cans, viva la revolution....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Got 2 boxes in Rathmines, theres one left now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Cianos wrote: »
    beercu.jpg

Ha ha some amount there, your mate better get drinking, I got 40 cans today and mine has 31st of march best before ha ha ahh well sure date means nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We ran out about 4 yesterday (Templeogue) when I left last night the following stores had a good few left:

Rathmines
    Ashbourne
    Limerick
    Athlone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Still a good few in limerick bout an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Got 4 boxes in citywest around 4:30. Didn't pay too much attention to how many more boxes they had but I'd say it was less than 20 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

good work boards, got 4 boxes in cabra there, wouldn't of known cause they weren't advertising it in the shop, it still had the sign for 10 yoyos... anyway happy days have a dutch alcoholic friend visiting me for the weekend so this will work nicely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Got 2 in Ashbourne.... Nice price... Horrible beer.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Found it very gassy but didn't taste too bad at all, especial after the first few, roll on tomorrow!

Funny I found it very flat.. maybe got a bad batch!

I found that it had a perma-head, thick and bubbly down to the end of the glass like tenacious river-froth.

- Was otherwise about drinkable, definitely not one to write songs and poems about.

Small can fit perfectly into the back pocket to create a magic pint in the club though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Wasn't available in the Galway outlet.

Advertisement