Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big red light in sky

Options
  • 07-03-2010 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

anyone see the big red light over killyclug, letterkenny at 730 this evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Didn't know there was a red light district in Letterkenny, never mind a BIG one :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Space Station is in close orbit tonight, it should be visible again in about 8 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Probably byte flying low in his helicopter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

if you are in Finland you probably didn't see it.

Here's a link I just found on its whereabouts...

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/index.html

Looks like I'm going to miss it though :(

• Advertisement

not space station. first saw two lights like stars while driving from Letterkenny.
    about 30 secs later had to stop car to see much bigger red light overhead moving fast upwards and dissappearing.

two passengers saw same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Chinese Lantern?

Seems to be the usual explanation for these sort of sightings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

The Russians are coming !!!!! :eek:

Pique wrote: »
    The Russians are coming !!!!! :eek:

in their Ladas!!

you may sneer but I was abducted last night and taken for a FREE ride in their flying saucer and returned unharmed to the place from whence I came.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

ootbitb wrote: »
    you may sneer but I was abducted last night and taken for a FREE ride in their flying saucer and returned unharmed to the place from whence I came.

The womb :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

deman wrote: »
    Here's a link I just found on its whereabouts...

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/index.html

Looks like I'm going to miss it though :(

Saw this tonight at 7.26pm. Kind of a wow that's cool thing. Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

ootbitb wrote: »
    anyone see the big red light over killyclug, letterkenny at 730 this evening?

Didn't see it but i'd hazard a guess it was a chinese lantern. I seen 4 of them one evening, couldn't figure out what they were - till a cousin of mine was telling me about the great chinese lanterns he had...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rmara

I also think it was a sky lantern

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

Did anybody see or hear the low flying plane over Ballyshannon about 15 mins ago? Could have been a helicopter. I just heard it outside, seemed very low in the sky. Any explanations?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

purrrfect1 wrote: »
    Did anybody see or hear the low flying plane over Ballyshannon about 15 mins ago? Could have been a helicopter. I just heard it outside, seemed very low in the sky. Any explanations?
    Helicopters fly in and out of Finner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Might it have been a helicopter in connection with body in river in belleek. Heard on news air sea helicopter from Sligo was involved in search

Advertisement