Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get into Shooting/Hunting

Options
  • 07-03-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭

Hey chaps, ive been wanting to get into shooting/hunting for a while now, im 30 and live in Balbriggan so i was looking for some advise on clubs and people i should talk to.

I used to shot with a Air rifle when i was much younger when i was growing up in Wales a long time ago, but recently i got a voucher to clay pigeon shot and its reignited my passion for it.

I would have a stronger intrest in the Hunting side of shooting as i have a big intrest in cooking also.

Any advise would be greatly welcome guys.

Thx

Lee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

firstly you need to decide if you want a rifle or shotgun and concider joining a club.
    if you are not joining a club then you will need written permission from a landowner to shoot on his/her land.
    than you have all the licence stuff to go through.
    its fairly painstaking at the start but well worth the effort.
    read through all the posts here and you will gather a wealth of knowledge.
    dont be afraid to post questions here either,everyone will have a bit of info for you best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

daveob007 wrote: »
    firstly you need to decide if you want a rifle or shotgun and concider joining a club.
    if you are not joining a club then you will need written permission from a landowner to shoot on his/her land.
    than you have all the licence stuff to go through.
    its fairly painstaking at the start but well worth the effort.
    read through all the posts here and you will gather a wealth of knowledge.
    dont be afraid to post questions here either,everyone will have a bit of info for you best of luck
    It's wasn't so painstaking for me, just put a deposit on gun/rifle of choice, fill in application form, give to the garda and wait 3 months to recieve it unless very unlucky:) Easier than organising a wedding anyway:rolleyes:
    Worse than hard work:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Here is a thread about gun clubs, worth a read.

Here are a few threads about getting started. Hunting , Hunting2 , Hunting3 , Target , Target2 , and a useful source for tips, etc is here and as you fancy some cooking look no further than here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 boardie29

have you tried courtlough shooting grounds in balbriggan??

Advertisement