Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Clubcard Deals Vouchers

Options
  • 07-03-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Just a quick question re Tesco Clubcard Deals. I recently sent off €10 worth of clubcard vouchers to get €40 in irish ferries. However, I then discovered that when booking online with irish ferries using the vouchers, it was giving me a more expensive (pre-voucher) rate, therefore I'm only saving around €10 instead of €40. I haven't actually received the vouchers yet, but I'm wondering if Tesco will exchange them back for clubcard vouchers or for another one of their deals vouchers so I can try get a better deal with something else?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

23Skidoo wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Just a quick question re Tesco Clubcard Deals. I recently sent off €10 worth of clubcard vouchers to get €40 in irish ferries. However, I then discovered that when booking online with irish ferries using the vouchers, it was giving me a more expensive (pre-voucher) rate, therefore I'm only saving around €10 instead of €40. I haven't actually received the vouchers yet, but I'm wondering if Tesco will exchange them back for clubcard vouchers or for another one of their deals vouchers so I can try get a better deal with something else?

Thanks

The last time I looked, they could only be used on standard returns. Some of the quotes you get online are for excursions and short breaks.

I checked with stena yesterday on this issue and it says that they can only be used on flexible fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 23Skidoo

Yeah, that's what it is. Going in to make an ordinary booking the rate is coming up as 'motorist promo rate' or something like that. Adding the tesco vouchers turns it to a motorist standard rate. I know I should have sussed that before sending off the bloody vouchers but I'd like to get a bit more value for them if I can. The trip to the UK was to go to Alton Towers, so I'd prefer to get the Alton entry vouchers if Tesco will change them for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Yup Tesco will refund them for you and you can exchange them for tokens for another deal.

From the FAQ at www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals
    Can Clubcard Deals refund my Deals Tokens?

Unused and in date Deals Tokens can be returned to Deals for a Clubcard Points refund.

Advertisement