Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FOR SALE - My invisibilty cloak

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

tomasrojo wrote: »
    It would be nice to have an alternative to the short shout that cannot be misinterpreted as aggression.

I shout "BEEP BEEP". It always gets a smile and usually gets the job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Raam wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

SubLuminal wrote: »
    Reported this to my local TD just now - not particularly local to O'Connell st. but maybe its enough, all he has to do is make a call to the corpo hopefully.

If everyone does the same thing? Only takes a second, most of the TD's are on facebook now! :)

Good man yourself. I noticed yesterday that this had been remedied - I hazard a belief that maybe the exchanges in this thread may have been at least partially responsible?!

Personally, I've resolved to be proactive should a similar situation arise in future, and f**king do something immediately instead of ruminating and poasting like a little flake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Raam wrote: »

If I'm in a bad mood the phrase "LITTLE RED MAN" at pedestrians usually gets them to jump back. Relieves a bit of stress as well. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

To be honest in situations where somebody steps out right in front of you yelling anything (generally instinct will mean swearing) as loud as you can is the only option. JESUS ****ING CHRIST YOU HOLY ****ING **** **** **** ****

In situations you can do otherwise you probably have the opportunity of just stopping.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

From what I've witnessed recently I get the impression that a fire-breathing dragon cycling a bicycle in Dublin City would go completely unnoticed.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Good man yourself. I noticed yesterday that this had been remedied - I hazard a belief that maybe the exchanges in this thread may have been at least partially responsible?!

Personally, I've resolved to be proactive should a similar situation arise in future, and f**king do something immediately instead of ruminating and poasting like a little flake

Wow, well, not sure if its anything to do with me sending the TD a message but two thumbs up to him if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

blorg wrote: »
    To be honest in situations where somebody steps out right in front of you yelling anything (generally instinct will mean swearing) as loud as you can is the only option. JESUS ****ING CHRIST YOU HOLY ****ING **** **** **** ****

GANGWAY!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

LOOK OUT! works great.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Hermy wrote: »
    LOOK OUT! works great.
    I've been using "Mind your left/right" for a while with pedestrians. The only problem is that in some situations it takes me a second to think which is their right or left and I end up going: "Mind your left! ... [Over shoulder] I mean right."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I shout 'beep beep' at people. Usually gets a smile as well.

Hmmm, just looked over the thread and someone just said almost exactly the same thing as me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

I finally put a bell on my commute bike today, to be fully legally compliant really, but it's great fun to bing! to warn people! :D

I'm very easily amused really.

Advertisement