Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Goblin reccomendations

Options
  • 07-03-2010 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Just listening to Time Travellin' Blues by Orange Goblin on youtube. Love it, its like heavy Skynyrd or something, any fans of this band out there to reccommend where to start with them?

Thanks

P.I. Staker:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Picked up 'The Big Black' a while ago. Absolute cracker of an album. Need to pick up a few more albums from these guys m'self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

rgt320q wrote: »
    Picked up 'The Big Black' a while ago. Absolute cracker of an album. Need to pick up a few more albums from these guys m'self.

I second this also Healing Through Fire is a brilliant album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Airsoft247

Great band
    Theres my favourite two albums:

Frequencies From Planet Ten
    Coup de Grace

Check out this song:

Scorpionica-Orange Goblin
    Its good but they only have the live verson on youtube check it out oh any you,ll like KYUSS if you like ORANGE GOBLIN.....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

First tune of theirs I heard was on a Metal Hammer CD in 1998, on which The Man Who Invented Time was included. These guys are one of my favourite bands, and have been lucky enough to see 'em live a few times, including their 10th anniversary gig in the Underworld, London in 2005. They're a sound bunch of lads too, having met them over the years. First saw them in 2001(?) in the Temple Bar Music Centre. Haven't listened to the first album really, but I have Time Travelling Blues, Thieving From The House Of God, and the newer Healing Through Fire. Check 'em out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

won tickets to that 2001 gig ( god that seems like only yesterday) amazing show, great band just old school rock n roll, time traveling blues is imho there best although I haven't heard the new album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement